Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default CCW Jefferson Hospital

Sorry if this is a repeat, but couldn't find anything in a search. My wife will be having surgery at Jefferson Hospital, and I was wondering about CC'ing there. She seems to remember metal detectors there, but not sure. Anybody got any information? Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: CCW Jefferson Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by MyP1245 View Post
    Sorry if this is a repeat, but couldn't find anything in a search. My wife will be having surgery at Jefferson Hospital, and I was wondering about CC'ing there. She seems to remember metal detectors there, but not sure. Anybody got any information? Thanks

I don't remember metal detectors and was in and out of there for a couple months when my FIL was in for surgery. He passed last Dec in their ICU.

I carried and used the front entrance regularly.

If I am unsure about policy, I will sometimes lock my carry gun in my car safebox till I get to see the layout or any postings.

I did that on a new job 7 weeks ago. They check your ankles when you drug test. I was injured and happened to have my gun locked in the car before going into AGH's ER ( I did have to hand over 3 knives before going in).

Good luck with your wife's surgery.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the info. Unless someone has different information, I'll go ahead with carrying. Thanks for the sentiment, and my condolences on you FIL. Thanks again.
    Last edited by MyP1245; June 21st, 2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Added text

(Delaware County)

I work at Jefferson we do not have metal detectors in any building

You do have the option to check your gun with security located on the ground floor of the Curtis building at the north west corner of 10th and walnut or just carry deep

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MyP1245 View Post
    My wife will be having surgery at Jefferson Hospital, and I was wondering about CC'ing there. She seems to remember metal detectors there, but not sure. Anybody got any information? Thanks
    No metal detectors in the main hospital. And no signs that I ever noticed saying you can't. Not sure about the ER. Typically with hospitals the metal desctors and "enhanced" security is in the ER. CC there all you want. I've never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fats429 View Post
    You do have the option to check your gun with security located on the ground floor of the Curtis building
    Very very bad option. Never trust turning over your firearm to hospital security. Here's a horror story of what may happen.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...ency-room.html
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

(Chester County)

None of the hospitals in the city have magnometers anywhere but the ED entrance.

I used to work security at a suburban hosptial. We had a policy that prohibited firearms except by LEO's. We would secure firearms if needed, and return them so long as a valid LCTF was presented. I'd say 75% of the security staff were gun owners with LCTF's, and 50% had Act 235... even though we weren't armed.

Only real issue I recall was a LEO (who was visitng a family member) that inisisted on OC'ing even after being asked by the nursing staff not to. Apparently it made some of the nurses nervous.

Also had a few intresting moments when a prison guard fumbled their wheelgun when swapping it out with their relief. Sent the gun sliding down the hall to the nurses station. Of course the nurses got all scared

(Delaware County)

I have to go to Jeff a couple times a year with my wife. I always CC when I'm there and have never had a problem.

(Philadelphia County)

I was just there visiting someone a couple of months ago. No signs, no detectors, no one knew.

Thanks everybody, I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by yelruh55 View Post
    I used to work security at a suburban hosptial. We had a policy that prohibited firearms except by LEO's. We would secure firearms if needed, and return them so long as a valid LCTF was presented.
    Huh? God help you if you get hurt while OCing and don't have a LTCF to present on the way out? And through what authority would you deprive someone of property anyway?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast