Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Sig Sauer P522 Swat 22lr pistol.

Thinking of getting this Sig Sauer P522 Swat 22lr. Does anyone knows if there are some aftermarket stock options for this pistol. I would also appreciate any feedback from those who own one.
    Thanks in advance.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=269016414

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sig Sauer P522 Swat 22lr pistol.

If you put a shoulder stock on that pistol and do not have the tax stamp you are violating the law and can be subject to criminal prosecution for NFA violations. If you do not know exactly what I am talking about, do some reading on the topic and you may avoid a costly and uncomfortable legal fight.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    If you put a shoulder stock on that pistol and do not have the tax stamp you are violating the law and can be subject to criminal prosecution for NFA violations. If you do not know exactly what I am talking about, do some reading on the topic and you may avoid a costly and uncomfortable legal fight.
    Thanks for replying. I believe you are referring to regulation that prohibits attaching shoulder stock (without 200 tax) to a pistol that has barrel shorter than 16 in. and length of the firearm less than 26inch, so called 16/26 regulation.

This pistol MRSP is about 500-600 (Tanners price seems very interesting), and I do understand that with the tax price point will be close to 522 rifle.
    The reason I was contemplating this, is if there are some appealing stock options available, it would allow owning distinctive rifle/pistol.
    Based on my search I could not find much, thus the posting.

(Montgomery County)

Good, so you do know about those nasty silly rules the Man uses. I suggest posting a question like that in the NFA section of this forum. Those guys have done, seen it, made it and have been taxed for it.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!