Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Angry Obama's speech to college students 7/2/13, Do not celebrate 4th of July

http://thelibertypaper.org/2013/07/0...ourth-of-july/

As the country prepares to celebrate its independence from Great Britain President Obama had a completely different message for a group of Congressional Summer interns in Washington:

Obama Speaks to Congressional Summer Interns
    “America is a great country. There is no denying this. However, I caution you all as you step forward in your careers. Peer back into history and ask yourselves- Was a revolution truly necessary? Great Britain may not have had it completely right, but they had many things right. Take taxes for example. If your neighbor makes $1 Million a year, but you and your family can barely keep the heat on should he not help your family? God instructs us to help our neighbors. He does not instruct us to look down upon them though the windows of capitalism. Why then on the Fourth of July should you celebrate such a radical break from what is Godly and just? No doubt there are many voices warning you of the harm of big government. They are wrong. Government can provide you with what family and friends cannot. If this is gone what will you have?”
    Many in the crowd seemed uneasy, and desperate for some sort of clarification. Julie Barks, an intern from Louisiana State University, asked President Obama, “Are you saying we should not celebrate the birth of our country?”
    President Obama responded, ”I believe we should celebrate where we are going. Celebrate moving forward. Not where we have been.”

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Obama's speech to college students 7/2/13, Do not celebrate 4th of July

You do know that it is satire, right?

Be safe (and don't fall for it).

Scott

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Obama's speech to college students 7/2/13, Do not celebrate 4th of July

To quote the bottom of the article:

(POLITICAL SATIRE)
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    You do know that it is satire, right?

Be safe (and don't fall for it).

Scott
    Below I quoted the WHOLE "article" and emphasized a specific part.

Obama to College Students: Do Not Celebrate Fourth of July

July 2, 2013 By The Liberty Paper Leave a Comment

As the country prepares to celebrate its independence from Great Britain President Obama had a completely different message for a group of Congressional Summer interns in Washington:

“America is a great country. There is no denying this. However, I caution you all as you step forward in your careers. Peer back into history and ask yourselves- Was a revolution truly necessary? Great Britain may not have had it completely right, but they had many things right. Take taxes for example. If your neighbor makes $1 Million a year, but you and your family can barely keep the heat on should he not help your family? God instructs us to help our neighbors. He does not instruct us to look down upon them though the windows of capitalism. Why then on the Fourth of July should you celebrate such a radical break from what is Godly and just? No doubt there are many voices warning you of the harm of big government. They are wrong. Government can provide you with what family and friends cannot. If this is gone what will you have?”

Many in the crowd seemed uneasy, and desperate for some sort of clarification. Julie Barks, an intern from Louisiana State University, asked President Obama, “Are you saying we should not celebrate the birth of our country?”

President Obama responded, ”I believe we should celebrate where we are going. Celebrate moving forward. Not where we have been.”

(POLITICAL SATIRE)
    To the OP, nice try at making Obama look bad, but next time stick to facts rather than fiction.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    To the OP, nice try at making Obama look bad, but next time stick to facts rather than fiction.
    True... the facts usually make him look bad enough

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Below I quoted the WHOLE "article" and emphasized a specific part.

Ya I missed that, oh well can't win them all. As for the part about making Obama look bad, hate to rain on your parade but he does a great job of that himself.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Ya I missed that, oh well can't win them all. As for the part about making Obama look bad, hate to rain on your parade but he does a great job of that himself.
    I was not defending Obama. I was stating that trying to discredit him with fiction was ineffective and foolish.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Luzerne County)

It's a sad truth that if it weren't marked as satire, and blatantly so, we'd have accepted it because not one among us is able to say Obama WOULDN'T say those very things to students. It's no worse than things he's already said and done.

(Bucks County)

I had someone show this to me and after reading a few sentences I quickly looked over the article and found satire.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

I just read what the OP posted, didn't look at the actual article. Honestly wouldn't have surprised me if it was true.
    1776 or 1984? - You decide.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast