Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: CMP 1911 new info

OK guys, help me out here. I read the web site, and as I did, it seems the 'losers' for this year's lottery will be put on a list for future years. Or did I read that wrong. If you need to put in a request this year and that forms the basis for several years down the line, it changes things bigly. If they hold a new lottery each year, not so much.

What do you guys read into it.?
    6. Customer names from complete CMP 1911 order form packets will be fed into a computerized Random Number Generator on 5 October 2018. The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequential order through the random picking process. Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator. The CMP 1911 customers will select their grade of pistol (Service, Field or Rack) from available inventory at the time of order notification. Customers with higher numbers may have fewer grades from which to choose. When this year’s allotment of 1911s is exhausted, the remaining orders will be held in the existing sequence for all future allotments of 1911s. The CMP does not know what future allotments might be.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: CMP 1911 new info

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    OK guys, help me out here. I read the web site, and as I did, it seems the 'losers' for this year's lottery will be put on a list for future years. Or did I read that wrong. If you need to put in a request this year and that forms the basis for several years down the line, it changes things bigly. If they hold a new lottery each year, not so much.

What do you guys read into it.?
    My take is that once the random number generator assigns your place in line, that's your place in line from year to year as new pistols become available. Or should I say IF new pistols become available since the year-to-year status is at the mercy of Congress and the POTUS. Still, that's why if you have any interest in ever getting one, you'll need to get your packet in this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12