Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Springfield Armory & Rock River Arms SOLD US OUT!

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...for-carve-out/

Earlier today, the Illinois State Senate passed bill SB-1657 by a one-vote margin. While its prospects are still unsure in the House, if signed by Governor Bruce Rauner, the new law will mandate state licensing for all Illinois gun dealers. It will also restrict all others in Illinois to nine firearm transfers per year.

The lobbyist for the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association (IFMA), Jay Keller, traded that group’s opposition to the bill in exchange for a carve-out, removing Prairie State firearms manufacturers from the licensing requirements.

Two companies provide the bulk of the funding for IFMA: Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms.
    I've been an M1A owner for a decade, and now I'm considering selling it. I will make every recommendation to steer prospective gun buyers away from SA and RRA.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Springfield Armory & Rock River Arms SOLD US OUT!

Illinois going full retard. Illinois gun owners need to stand up or they will be run over. Chicago cancer spreads.

Before anyone starts selling their items off The truth about guns has gotten a lot of shit incorrect in the past in their race to be the 1st to post it. I would try and verify it with another source or two before making a solid opinion.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Before anyone starts selling their items off The truth about guns has gotten a lot of shit incorrect in the past in their race to be the 1st to post it. I would try and verify it with another source or two before making a solid opinion.
    Yep. I've been picking up on more and more "fake news" ( getting tired of that phrase" ) on this side as well

(Bucks County)

How is wanting to exempt your company from retarded gun laws "selling is out"?

I think that title belongs to the anti-constitutional politicians and the idiots who vote for them.

S&W were complicit with the Klinton era BS.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    How is wanting to exempt your company from retarded gun laws "selling is out"? .
    Specifically, withdrawing their opposition to the bill in exchange for a manufacturer exemption. That is them saying "as long as it doesn't directly affect our company, we don't care what you do to our customers."
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    Specifically, withdrawing their opposition to the bill in exchange for a manufacturer exemption. That is them saying "as long as it doesn't directly affect our company, we don't care what you do to our customers."
    Or it could be that it is going to pass regardless and that taking a deal is the only way to protect their employees and the dealer network they support. Think about it, if their options are to pull support and be exempt or take a heavy hit to their business then they are going to pull the support. After all they have customers in 40+ other states to consider and you can't fight for our rights if your too busy fighting to keep your business open.

Plus those two companies are primarily consumer supported so it's not like Colt who gave civilians the finger while taking government contracts, they actually have a dog in the fight. I assume the decision was not made lightly.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by CMP703006 View Post
    Or it could be that it is going to pass regardless and that taking a deal is the only way to protect their employees and the dealer network they support. Think about it, if their options are to pull support and be exempt or take a heavy hit to their business then they are going to pull the support. After all they have customers in 40+ other states to consider and you can't fight for our rights if your too busy fighting to keep your business open.

Plus those two companies are primarily consumer supported so it's not like Colt who gave civilians the finger while taking government contracts, they actually have a dog in the fight. I assume the decision was not made lightly.
    Or, you follow Magpul's example and tell the legislature that if they pass this ridiculous legislation then the state will no longer enjoy the taxes they generate as they'll be finding a gun friendly state to operate in.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

I have been reading about this on mant sites. Many people are saying they are going to sell their M1A's. Haven't seen a single one put up for sale yet.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I have been reading about this on mant sites. Many people are saying they are going to sell their M1A's. Haven't seen a single one put up for sale yet.
    That's like burning records that have already been purchased. The company already has their money. Want to hurt them, get dealers to refuse to sell their products.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast