Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Game Officer harassment

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepyromaniak View Post
    And he has authority, its not BS. It was a simple question. And furthermore, what right / law did he violate in asking it?
    He can ask anything he wants. As has been hashed out a few times, I believe he does not have the authority to demand her license. Sorry.

As for laws, I never claimed he violated a law. I said he had no authority to tell he what he did.

Also, you have not answered my question yet about what law Michells was skirting.
    ETA: Never mind, I see you answered that by saying you didn't mean "her".
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; March 28th, 2009 at 08:09 PM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    Wow that was harsh........ What "HE" did was not right , but no reason to attack his position/job. Wildlife officer have all the authority of a police officer in the state of PA and in most states.
    Bullshit--you don't know what you are talking about. Which game law was he violating?

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Why should I *expect* to be approached?
    How was she approached? They were in line waiting for thier chow. He noticed she was badly printing. and asked if she had a permit. Its a simple question. She acted irately. if she would have said im not going to answer that with out my laywer present then he got loud and started demanding it, then i would be with her. but instead she went right off the handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Why should I *expect* to be approached?
    Because most cops think THEY are the ultimate protection, and suspect anyone with a gun who's not a LEO. On average anyway.

Beyond that, I couldn't say. I've only been stopped once because I had an OBVIOUSLY concealed pistol, by MSU police. Odd thing is, I wasn't on MSU property, but they're still certified LEOs. Anyway, I showed my permit and went on my way. Should I have objected? Darned if I know. In fact, I need to ask a lawyer friend about that, just to be sure.

"Big Gay Al" Lowe
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    South Park Fan

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha Java View Post
    Bullshit--you don't know what you are talking about. Which game law was he violating?
    Hey mocha can you provide some documentation to back it being bs? River has already.

(Luzerne County)

How was she approached? .
    Ummm.
    I was responding to someone who stated that "...if you're printing, and trying to conceal, then you might expect to be approached... "

There for you asking about her is irrelevant. I wasn't talking about the OP.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lancaster County)

IE LEO . A meter maid is LEO!
    OK bunny cop with the same powers of arrest as a LEO.
    No longer posting

How was she approached? They were in line waiting for thier chow. He noticed she was badly printing. and asked if she had a permit. Its a simple question. She acted irately. if she would have said im not going to answer that with out my laywer present then he got loud and started demanding it, then i would be with her. but instead she went right off the handle.
    Actually, based on Michelle's description, the officer was rather loud and obnoxious himself. Not exactly polite and discreet. At least, that's how I read it.

"Big Gay Al" Lowe
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    South Park Fan

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by alowe56 View Post
    Because most cops think THEY are the ultimate protection, and suspect anyone with a gun who's not a LEO. On average anyway.

Beyond that, I couldn't say. I've only been stopped once because I had an OBVIOUSLY concealed pistol, by MSU police. Odd thing is, I wasn't on MSU property, but they're still certified LEOs. Anyway, I showed my permit and went on my way. Should I have objected? Darned if I know. In fact, I need to ask a lawyer friend about that, just to be sure.
    You may be right about your first sentence, I dunno, good point. But with proper education and training I think we should expect to be left alone. But I'm a perfectionist

Remember Meleanie

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by alowe56 View Post

All of my experiences with carrying, OC or CC have all been well. Ive shown my LCTF when asked and i have always been on my way in seconds. but then agian ive always been raised to respect the law and I always use yes sir no sir. A little kindness goes a long way.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast