Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Wise Words

(Berks County)

Default Wise Words

In the 1930's, a german pastor named Martin Niemöller wrote a poem about what he saw happening around him:

In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;

And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up.
    Now why am I bringing this up? To illustrate a point, of course. As others here have stated, while the anti's have a united front against us, we have divided ourselves into separate camps, many of which care only for their particular view of RKBA. We fight amongst ourselves, ignore any aspect of RKBA that we do not personally exercise, disparage those aspects of it that we do not like, and in general weaken ourselves in the face of a united enemy.

If this continues, one day we will all be in the same position as Pastor Niemöller:

In America, they came first for the semi-automatice hunting rifles, which they called "assault rifles," And I didn't speak up because I wasn't semi-automatice hunting rifle owner;

And then they came for the full automatic carbines, which they called "anti armor machine guns," And I didn't speak upe because I wasn't a full automatic carbine owner;

And then they came for the bolt action hunting rifles, which they called "high powered sniper rifles," And I didnt speak up because I wasn't a bolt action hunting rifle owner.

And then they came for my handguns, and by that time there were no gun owners left to speak up for me.
    The time to put our individual differences aside is long past. We can either stand together, or fall apart.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Wise Words

you are so right !
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(York County)

That's good I like that. Well put. -BB
    The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
    -Ted Nugent

(Lebanon County)

This country was created not by a bunch of men whom decided where they belonged from the dirt that which they were given birth above, but it was created by those who decided that by just by simply being that they're entitled to live prosperously, and it seems that everybody has forgotten that we must practice standing up together for each other for these such things which are worth dieing for fearlessly, but everybody's just to worried about them self to be an american any more. The media has got us all by the balls.

Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly