Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Kress Violates Campaign Laws (Post Gazette)

Quote Originally Posted by chaz-heston-4-prez View Post
    mullen never said he "didn't like firearms"...he has been a cop for like 40 years...he has seen and done it all...he's been in gun battles, he has actually shot people...he himself carries a firearm at all times!! to say he is "anti-gun" cannot be farther from the truth...people read the original post and see "mullen said he wants to make it tougher to get guns" and don't realize that that quote was taken out of context...he was answering a question about career criminals...he closed the office on saturdays because the sheriffs office has been over budget for 20 years in a row...last year they were projected to be $3 mil over budget and when he "righted the ship" they were only $150,000 over budget...word is they will be UNDER budget this year for the first time ever!! as a firearm owner and someone who has dealt with mullen, i'm positive that he is the best qualified candidate and will be more than happy to work with firearm owners...there is a reason that like 31 out of 34 groups have endorsed him...kress tells people what they want to hear...kress also does not have any experience...i'm just not sure kress is the way to go...i'm not trying to change any minds...just simply stating the facts and expressing my views...may the best man win!!!

31 out of 34 groups is great, but thats not gun groups, the NRA is endorsing ed kress, and so is firearms owners against crime... The firearms division was swindled out of over $150K, so maybe he should have tried running the department without corruption before taking the one day that the working class folks can go to get their permit, why couldn't he have closed Mondays, or Wednesdays, anytime but Saturdays? Mullen supports the AWB, I don't know what you consider being against firearms, but to me thats a big one.. and as I said, he is LEO so him having a firearm means nothing, the gun fights could have turned him extremely antigun towards the public, just has no bearing IMO.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: ALLEGHENY COUNTY-SHERIFF BILL MULLEN

and you know why they were $150k over budget?? because of a lost lawsuit from a previous year cost them $350k! he would have actually had the office $200K UNDER BUDGET had it not been for a lawsuit from a previous year...he was brought in to stop the corruption and bring back credibility to the office...which he most certainly did...if you would rather have the office $3 mil over budget but "open on saturdays" then obviously you have very poor judgment...not to mention that kress has already broken campaign laws and been fined!!! kress ONLY turned in his paperwork after a kdka news reporter called him on it!! he didn't even have a clue... if kress can't even get his paperwork in order and in on time, what makes you think he'll do anything for firearm owners and permits and OUR PAPERWORK??? kress is like the goodyear balloon: full of a lot of hot air

and you know why they were $150k over budget?? because of a lost lawsuit from a previous year cost them $350k! he would have actually had the office $200K UNDER BUDGET had it not been for a lawsuit from a previous year...he was brought in to stop the corruption and bring back credibility to the office...which he most certainly did...if you would rather have the office $3 mil over budget but "open on saturdays" then obviously you have very poor judgment...not to mention that kress has already broken campaign laws and been fined!!! kress ONLY turned in his paperwork after a kdka news reporter called him on it!! he didn't even have a clue... if kress can't even get his paperwork in order and in on time, what makes you think he'll do anything for firearm owners and permits and OUR PAPERWORK??? kress is like the goodyear balloon: full of a lot of hot air
    how has he brought credibility back to the office? and how in the world could that office be in debt at all if run without corruption? There is absolutely no overhead to that office, I bet they don't even pay a cleaning crew, theres 2ladies, not including the black lady that is a sheriff because I assume she is still paid out of the general sheriff fund, and the 2 ladies are most likely minimum wage, if not close to it and get paid no benefits. The only new thing in there is the computers which are probably provided by the state. I personally feel there should be a raise in permit cost by 10-15dollars, but obviously only if the extra money goes into the office. I could run that office with the amount of money they bring in no problem, not to mention with a increase in permit cost, and remember permits cost up to and over $100 in other states, they are nowhere near needing that amount for a permit. Here's the 150K i'm talking about http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05309/601173.stm

As for not turning in that paperwork, I could care less Mullen telling on him outweighs it in annoyingness....

(Allegheny County)

Hey there chaz. You going to back up all of those statements that you made earlier?

How about answering the dozen or so questions that were asked of you?

Oh wait we already know the answers. Stop lying you POS anti-American troll.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

Can someone please tell me who are the 31 out of 34 groups that are endorsing Mr. Mullen? I would really love to know who they are! I know Union's that are backing Mr. Kress. As for the paper work, who really cares, you can call the elections board and find out how many other people running for office did not file on time. That is just petty politics to bring something like that up on the news. If that is how Mr. Mullen works looking for negative things in people, I don't want to try to renew my permit through him, he would look for some reason to say no. He has already made it harder by closing the office on Saturday. What Mr. Mullen don't want to work on Saturday if needed? Close the office during the week. Come on no one is that stupid.

(Allegheny County)

This crap at the Sheriff's office and CCW's just another reason for me to move out of the county with other 10K Allegheny county residents that leave each year.

At the rate people are leaving because of these bureaucratic morons and the crap we have to put with, the county is on course to lose 11% of it's residents and the city 22% by 2016. Oh hail the losers in the democratic party that killed western Pennsylvania.

(Allegheny County)

Surely there were other option beside closing the office on Sat. Maybe union involvement? Close on Monday's or Tuesday's and open on Saturdays.

Sounds like a mis managed department.....serve the citizens.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
    Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    Surely there were other option beside closing the office on Sat. Maybe union involvement? Close on Monday's or Tuesday's and open on Saturdays.

Sounds like a mis managed department.....serve the citizens.

Who'da thunk it? Close the office on a slow weekday and open on a Saturday!

I'm gonna write in "Jughead" fer Sheriff!

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I wrote in Lycanthrope

Quote Originally Posted by st.marys View Post
    I wrote in Lycanthrope

we should have all voted for emptymag

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast