Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Fallen Soldier Protest in Luzerne County.

http://www.timesleader.com/news/Kans...o-funeral.html

The Westboro Baptist Church, based in Topeka, Kansas, is planning to protest at the military funeral of fallen soldier SPC Dale Kridlo of Hughestown.

According to the church’s website, the protest will take place Wednesday at Kridlo’s funeral service at St. John the Evangelist Church, 35 William St., Pittston, scheduled for 9:45 a.m.

A picketing notice on the church’s website was headlined “God hates America & is killing our troops in His wrath.”

The message under the headline read:

“Military funerals have become pagan orgies of idolatrous blasphemy, where they pray to the dunghill gods of Sodom & play taps to a fallen fool.”

The web posting says the above message will be “preached in respectful, lawful proximity to the memorial of Spc. Dale J. Kridlo” on Wednesday at the church service.

The web posting then states: “Spc. Kridlo gave his life for the Constitutional right of the Westboro Baptist Church to warn America. To deny our First Amendment rights is to declare to the world that Spc. Kridlo died in vain, and that America is a nation of sodomite hypocrites.”

The Westboro posting ends by stating, “The Lord no longer builds the American house; nor does the Lord watch over and protect America. These soldiers are dying for the homosexual and other sins of America. God is now America’s enemy, and God Himself is fighting against America.”

Message left on the Westboro Baptist Church answering machine were not returned. An e-mail sent to the church was not answered.

The Anti-Defamation League describes the Westboro Baptist Church as “a small virulently homophobic, anti-Semitic hate group that regularly stages protests around the country, often several times a week. The group pickets institutions and individuals they think support homosexuality or otherwise subvert what they believe is God’s law.

“Incorporated in 1967 as a not-for-profit organization, WBC considers itself an ‘Old School (or Primitive)’ Baptist Church. WBC’s leader is Fred Phelps and several of his children and dozens of his grandchildren appear to constitute the majority of the group’s members. WBC has no official affiliation with mainstream Baptist organizations.”

- Big D
    I am looking for SIG ST Series pistols. Please PM me if you have one you would like to sell.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Fallen Soldier Protest in Luzerne County.

If I wasn't on the other side of the state I'd gladly counter protest. These asshole make me sick. Hopefully the Patriot Gaurd riders make it out and downplay this display of stupidity.

They were supposed to show up at Cpl Chad Young's funeral and burial today here in central Illinois. There was a huge turn-out for the ceremonies both to honor Chad and to be present if the jack-asses made it here. They were a no show so the ceremonies went off without a hitch.

The local radio station is reporting that they had the tires slashed on their van while stopped in Oklahoma. Street justice still has a place in our society and works when the courts can not handle trash like these.
    There is a supper and beers waiting for who ever managed to handle a situation that legal means can not.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    The local radio station is reporting that they had the tires slashed on their van while stopped in Oklahoma. Street justice still has a place in our society and works when the courts can not handle trash like these.
    There is a supper and beers waiting for who ever managed to handle a situation that legal means can not.
    I don't think that there's any proof their tires were slashed intentionally, they probably just were worn out from driving across country.

It's even better that no one in the town would fix them.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    +100 awesome points.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Luzerne County)

I think it is deplorable that you criticize the right of these people to protest against the military funerals... they have a right to do so... and they should be allowed to come to the funerals and protest them.... by the way... anyone know how to sharpen an ice pick ? mine got worn out from use....LOL

JUST KIDDING.... I DO think it is deplorable... these idiots should get a life and realize that protesting the war is one thing, but to protest at a funeral of someone that way protecting THEIR rights, along with all the rest of ours, is the lowest scum that I can think of... There should be laws protecting the funerals of ANYONE that passes away..... military or not.... give them the respect they deserve.... and act human at these events.......not like some circus side show......

(Monroe County)

I think that if a few thousand folks showed up to protest these idiots at their church everytime they had a service it would help them understand the stupidity of their actions, maybe...

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    I think that if a few thousand folks showed up to protest these idiots at their church everytime they had a service it would help them understand the stupidity of their actions, maybe...
    People with common sense? Yeah, maybe. Most likely they would consider it a perfect time, a time directed by God Himself, to hold a revival meeting.
    ~~Mama Bear - defender of her own

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I don't think that there's any proof their tires were slashed intentionally, they probably just were worn out from driving across country.

+100 awesome points.
    agreed 100%
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear 1962 View Post
    People with common sense? Yeah, maybe. Most likely they would consider it a perfect time, a time directed by God Himself, to hold a revival meeting.
    Indeed. The WBC wants (in no particular order): attention, and grounds for lawsuits. It's best to avoid giving them either when possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast