Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default I just noticed something on a Glock 17 that I've owned for over 6 years.

I bought this pistol used from a forum member here about 6 years ago. We did a transfer at Hakes in Wrightsville PA. I'm still happy with the deal as I got the pistol and five 17 round magazines for 400 bucks. Call me "ole eagle eyes" if you want but today was the first time I noticed that the serial numbers on my frame do not match the numbers on the slide & barrel. The tag on the Glock factory box it came in shows the serial numbers to the slide and barrel and states its an OD frame. The slide does show quite a bit of wear so I will assume he bought a used OD pistol , put the slide and barrel on an older black frame, kept the OD frame and sold me the Frankengun. I did go back to check my paperwork to make sure they registered the right number and they did. I'm still happy with the gun but just thought I'd share my story. I vividly remember checking the gun over really carefully too before telling him I take it. It's really no big deal and I don't feel duped in any way and it is quite possible he told me but I didn't really take it in, I just thought it was funny how I've had it for all this time and never noticed.
    Last edited by bripro; November 25th, 2015 at 04:01 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: I just noticed something on a Glock 17 that I've owned for over 6 years.

IMHO, if it runs, who the fk cares. I'm guessing that if you wanted to sell it some day (in the very distant future) as a C&R/collectible, having all matching numbers would increase its value. But let's be real; it's a tool and will be worn out before it is considered C&R.

Besides, we've all seen what happens to the firearms that you own.
    Last edited by daschnoz; November 25th, 2015 at 03:52 PM.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: I just noticed something on a Glock 17 that I've owned for over 6 years.

I cant sell it......words out, never buy anything from Bripro. 😒
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I cant sell it......words out, never buy anything from Bripro. 
    I lined up a sweet gunsmithing job for ya though.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=293383
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

You probably broke the original slide and forgot. You do go through a lot of parts.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I lined up a sweet gunsmithing job for ya though.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=293383
    That's funny because I did get a PM today asking if I do any gunsmithing. I figured it was probably a joke but I did answer stating that I wouldn't dare touch anyone elses gun with my luck.

This message is being sent from my range where I've been for the last hour and haven't broken anything!!!
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Lancaster County)

That's funny because I did get a PM today asking if I do any gunsmithing. I figured it was probably a joke but I did answer stating that I wouldn't dare touch anyone elses gun with my luck.

This message is being sent from my range where I've been for the last hour and haven't broken anything!!!
    I figured it was an AK, you couldn't hurt it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Luzerne County)

I bought this pistol used from a forum member here about 6 years ago. We did a transfer at Hakes in Wrightsville PA. I'm still happy with the deal as I got the pistol and five 17 round magazines for 400 bucks. Call me "ole eagle eyes" if you want but today was the first time I noticed that the serial numbers on my frame do not match the numbers on the slide & barrel. The tag on the Glock factory box it came in shows the serial numbers to the slide and barrel and states its an OD frame. The slide does show quite a bit of wear so I will assume he bought a used OD pistol , put the slide and barrel on an older black frame, kept the OD frame and sold me the Frankengun. I did go back to check my paperwork to make sure they registered the right number and they did. I'm still happy with the gun but just thought I'd share my story. I vividly remember checking the gun over really carefully too before telling him I take it. It's really no big deal and I don't feel duped in any way and it is quite possible he told me but I didn't really take it in, I just thought it was funny how I've had it for all this time and never noticed.
    Damn, that sucks. I'll give you $100 for it.

(Luzerne County)

BTW...I'm relatively new here. Just how many guns have you broken???

(Lackawanna County)

Enough that no one will let him shoot any of theirs lol. I don't believe the serial on the slide and barrel matter to be honest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast