Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Price check on G34

I just picked up a Glock 34 Gen 3 on Gunbroker. I think I got a good deal, let me know what you think. It's used, has a Robar grip reduction, Trijicon night sight on the front, two mags and a Comptac belt holster. Paid $585 plus $25 for shipping. When I added it all up new it came to about $900. I was going to get a Gen 4 but they were going for over $650 if they were even in stock. I figure I can shoot IDPA, ESP class with this gun. If I want to shoot SSP I can just put the slide on my G17 frame.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Price check on G34

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I just picked up a Glock 34 Gen 3 on Gunbroker. I think I got a good deal, let me know what you think. It's used, has a Robar grip reduction, Trijicon night sight on the front, two mags and a Comptac belt holster. Paid $585 plus $25 for shipping. When I added it all up new it came to about $900. I was going to get a Gen 4 but they were going for over $650 if they were even in stock. I figure I can shoot IDPA, ESP class with this gun. If I want to shoot SSP I can just put the slide on my G17 frame.
    I was at Mechanicsburg Ordnance last week and they had a used G34 Gen 4 for $549 with night sites. I think you got a pretty good deal....He also has/had a G35 Gen 4 for $589. I think I am going to go with a G35 and get a 9mm conversion barrel for IDPA. Let us know how it shoots. I have not yet fully decided between the G34/35. So hearing your report may help me.

The Glock 34 is on my short list weather used or NIB. It would be a nice Birthday gift from me to Me. Making 4 Glocks that I'd own.

(Luzerne County)

In my opinion, you maybe overpaid $25 to $35 but otherwise, that's not bad at all

The reason I paid so much is the Robar grip reduction is $185 plus shipping so your looking at $225 for that. The holster is $68 plus shipping and the Tritium front sight goes for around $40. If I would have bought one used, stock I still would have paid around $500. I never seen one sell for cheaper than that, and that's if you can find one.

The cool thing about Glocks is you can replace all the internal parts for under $100. I already have a bunch of parts and I have no worries al all buying one used.

(Cumberland County)

imo, if the work done to the gun and the accessories are things you would have done then you got a fair deal. if you wouldn,t have done the changes then you slightly overpaid. anytime you customize something it only has a value to you and anybody else that wants the same. happy shooting, i am pleased with my g35.

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    imo, if the work done to the gun and the accessories are things you would have done then you got a fair deal. if you wouldn,t have done the changes then you slightly overpaid. anytime you customize something it only has a value to you and anybody else that wants the same. happy shooting, i am pleased with my g35.
    I knew the cost of the holster and the grip mod because it was exactly what I wanted to do with my G17 but didn't want to spend the money. For me, I got close to a $1k competition setup for $585. Also it's a Glock, so used means nothing to me. The trigger will just be a little smoother since it's been shot. I was going to pick up a Gen 4, but even with the smallest grip it wasn't much better than my current gun and you have to deal with the Gen 4 recoil spring issue. My Gen 3 gun is golden so I have more confidence in the older model anyway.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I'm not familiar with IDPA rules, but are you sure you can put the G34 Slide on a G17 Frame and compete in the Stock Service Pistol Division?

Edit:
    I ask because I shoot Production Division USPSA. I decided to switch from an M&P to Glock and was keeping an eye out for used guns. I kept seeing used Glock 22's and wondered if I could drop in a conversion barrel to essentially make it a G17. Turns out that I couldn't and I had to find a G17 (wound up getting a new Gen 3 and have been very happy with it)
    Last edited by wwhite72082; May 9th, 2012 at 09:27 AM.

Glocks are so plentiful I'd like to find a used one dressed up and not shot to hell/ used in competition. Yes even a Glock can be shot to hell I'd like to buy refurbused like I did with my inital G19. That was a great deal and its still going strong. I take it they stop making G34s in the Gen 4.

Quote Originally Posted by wwhite72082 View Post
    I'm not familiar with IDPA rules, but are you sure you can put the G34 Slide on a G17 Frame and compete in the Stock Service Pistol Division?

Edit:
    I ask because I shoot Production Division USPSA. I decided to switch from an M&P to Glock and was keeping an eye out for used guns. I kept seeing used Glock 22's and wondered if I could drop in a conversion barrel to essentially make it a G17. Turns out that I couldn't and I had to find a G17 (wound up getting a new Gen 3 and have been very happy with it)
    I believe they are the exact same frame, so it shouldn't be an issue. My 17 frame is not modified so I should be good to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast