Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Pics denied me how do I get my gun rights back

After talking to a trooper who informed if I wasn't ever charged with felonies or involuntarily committed to a mental institution I should be ok to purchase a firearm. Went to buy one today and the national database was ok but pics denied me. After reading the challenge paperwork I can only assume it's because of a party when I was younger and got corruption of minors do to a friend's brother. Now let's note that was 13 years ago. Any advice on what I need to do to get my rights back. I'd like to be able to go hunting with my son's.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Pics denied me how do I get my gun rights back

Talk with a lawyer. There is a few here on the Forum.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ebailey72282 View Post
    After talking to a trooper who informed if I wasn't ever charged with felonies or involuntarily committed to a mental institution I should be ok to purchase a firearm. Went to buy one today and the national database was ok but pics denied me. After reading the challenge paperwork I can only assume it's because of a party when I was younger and got corruption of minors do to a friend's brother. Now let's note that was 13 years ago. Any advice on what I need to do to get my rights back. I'd like to be able to go hunting with my son's.
    Corruption of minors is a misdemeanor 1. Unless its has to do with truancy, One can't own , buy, handle a firearm with that charge. Once it's on your criminal record it's there for life. You might be violation already if you tried to buy a gun and failed the PICs. Talking to an attorney might be a good idea.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; January 4th, 2019 at 02:12 PM.

(Berks County)

The age of the incident does not matter, it doesn't go away over time. A governor's pardon would likely be your only recourse and that will take a few years but you may want to go that route. It is not impossible for you to process your own pardon but you may want to have a lawyer do it for you to avoid making any mistakes, that's your call.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Tioga County)

You need a lawyer right now. And one that specializes in this field. Right now, not tomorrow.

(Susquehanna County)

Contact a Second Amendment lawyer - Phil Kline aka Gunlawyer here on this forum comes to mind.

look into the "clean slate" thing that Gov Wolfe is bragging about.. M1 or less and no trouble with the law for at least 10 years.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lancaster County)

get a hold of a lawyer like everyone else said I had something similar that had to get rectified. I can vouch for Gunlawyer AKA Phil Kline as that's who I used to get it squared away. All good now.

(Washington County)

"the national database was ok but pics denied me" - How do you know this?
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Mifflin County)

Get the popcorn ready for this thread

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    "the national database was ok but pics denied me" - How do you know this?
    Good question.

Also, after any PICS denial, expect a phone call from either the local po-po or the Staties, and they will be asking if you remember the incident that caused the denial. It's a trap, they need you to say that you remember that incident because it helps them with proving that you KNOWINGLY lied on the form and to an FFL. This call could come anywhere from the same day to a year after the denial.

It's often better to say merely that you've consulted with a lawyer and he advised you to not say anything until he's investigated. It's even better if you actually consulted with a lawyer and he told you that.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast