Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Rally for the 2nd Amend on steps of state capitals on Sunday, Nov 5, 2017

There is a movement for each state to host a 2A rally on their steps of state capitals on Sunday, Nov 5, 2017.

Currently there is a need to formalize and organzied Pennsylvania's rally:

Links:

Facebook 2A Capital Rally

https://www.facebook.com/events/1948..._history%22%3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJrAFSHBL74
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

Default Re: Rally for the 2nd Amend on steps of state capitals on Sunday, Nov 5, 2017

I have attended the FOAC rally 3 of the last 4 years. They do a very good job of organizing and publicizing. The featured speakers are all solid. Despite all of that hard work, except for one year, I thought attendance ought to be better than it has been given what is at stake. Having a rally on a weekend might improve attendance, since working people have a tough time making the annual rally in May. I will keep an eye on this but the movement started a bit late for a November 4th event.

I would be surprised if you can just show up and stage a rally without coordinating with the Capitol Police and others, but I have never organized one, so I may be wrong about that.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Rally for the 2nd Amend on steps of state capitals on Sunday, Nov 5, 2017

I was talking about this in a thread last night. Could someone with Facebook post more info. I've been looking into this and can't find anything other than Facebook links.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    I have attended the FOAC rally 3 of the last 4 years. They do a very good job of organizing and publicizing. The featured speakers are all solid. Despite all of that hard work, except for one year, I thought attendance ought to be better than it has been given what is at stake. Having a rally on a weekend might improve attendance, since working people have a tough time making the annual rally in May. I will keep an eye on this but the movement started a bit late for a November 4th event.

I would be surprised if you can just show up and stage a rally without coordinating with the Capitol Police and others, but I have never organized one, so I may be wrong about that.
    The FOAC rally is on a weekday so we are there to go talk to legislators. That's kinda the main focus of that one. This sounds like it's going to be a little more of just a march/protesting new laws.

Nothing wrong with either, but different. I'm assuming there are permits that need to be drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I was talking about this in a thread last night. Could someone with Facebook post more info. I've been looking into this and can't find anything other than Facebook links.
    Try this link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1948205302133604/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1948205302133604/

(Lycoming County)

Thanks, I can see the date and time. No other info though unless I join Facebook, which isn't happening. I'll just keep abreast of things here I guess.

(Lebanon County)

there's an active thread in the pennsylvania politics section on this site...

(Chester County)

We'll be attending a different kind of church service on Sunday - the annual Fort Ross Gatling shoot....

Oh, and remember to turn your clocks back an hour (Spring forward, Fall back).
    - bamboomaster

(Armstrong County)

Did anyone attend this rally? How was it?

Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast