Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default State Electoral College

Since we all know that the freeloading liberals in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh pretty much hold sway over the other voters in the state, could the legislature pass a law(s) to form a state electoral college for the people running for the US Senate and the Governors office? I doubt the Democrats would want this and fight it tooth and nail, but is there anything that says it couldn't be done? I would think that might just fall under states rights, I don't think the feds could say anything (well they could but could they stop it?).

Really no different than the electoral college for voting in the President, it would give the less populated counties equal footing with the behemoths in the SE and SW corners of PA. Don't we sort of do it already for electing the PA Representatives to the US congress?

Just a thought I had when signing the message to Toomey about gun control.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Default Re: State Electoral College

not a chance in hell, state government and federal government are 2 different entities..the 14th A fucked us IMO...the federal government never dealt with a individual citizen until the 14th A.. up until then we were citizens of the respective state we lived in, not a citizen of the US..whether it was intentional or by accident the wording screwed us...where do you think they came up with " A baby Born on US Soil is a citizen" came from, It took the libs a 100 years to come up with it but we are now paying the consequences...
    Last edited by 51158; August 31st, 2019 at 11:51 AM.
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Beaver County)

Is that a four year degree?

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Since we all know that the freeloading liberals in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh pretty much hold sway over the other voters in the state, could the legislature pass a law(s) to form a state electoral college for the people running for the US Senate and the Governors office? I doubt the Democrats would want this and fight it tooth and nail, but is there anything that says it couldn't be done? I would think that might just fall under states rights, I don't think the feds could say anything (well they could but could they stop it?).

Really no different than the electoral college for voting in the President, it would give the less populated counties equal footing with the behemoths in the SE and SW corners of PA. Don't we sort of do it already for electing the PA Representatives to the US congress?

Just a thought I had when signing the message to Toomey about gun control.
    I like the idea. Of course, nothing can stop the Democrat Supreme Court from gerrymandering us all into Democrat controlled voting districts in a way to assure that Republicans cannot get elected. They did it to me.

(Bucks County)

There's no way the libtards would let it happen.

The repudlickens wouldn't be for it because they don't want to be seen as big meanies.

Plus, it would advance the will of the people and it would probably give them super majorities for the next 200 years. Those don't seem to be things that interest them.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post

a. Article IV, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution might well prohibit any sort of intrastate electoral college. SCOTUS would probably be forced to agree with the prohibition since it would violate the equal protection clause.

b. Electing Pa. representatives to Congress is done by election districts, which are large or small in size based on population.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    There's no way the libtards would let it happen.

The repudlickens wouldn't be for it because they don't want to be seen as big meanies.

Plus, it would advance the will of the people and it would probably give them super majorities for the next 200 years. Those don't seem to be things that interest them.
    "Repubchickens". That would be my modification to your term. Great term. That is what they are. They do not see the big picture. They do not see the great assault on them that is going on in plain sight. President Trump who has been most victimized fails to see it as far as I can tell. The Deep State is out to destroy them, yes that means Wray and Barr and the rest of them . So are globalist financiers and Big Tech. The Rebubchickens think that "just one more concession" will make it all go away. They think if they cave now, they may earn a Democrat vote (they will not get a single vote from a Democrat ever). They care more about how the media creates their reputations than they think about their own character.

Well, I predict that if the GOP, including President Trump, cashiers the Second Amendment, there will be no Republican Party left. It will disappear. We will have RINODemocrats in complete control and a handful of Patriots doing their best to survive it all. If the GOP stands tall and takes the political offensive we have a chance.

When it does not play out this way, I will meekly accept the laughter and derision of all concerned.

(Beaver County)

My red district was merged with deep blue Pittsburgh, that nullified my vote. This happened all over the country giving the House over to the democrats.

(Bucks County)

I think there are a few states that do this. One of them might be Maine.