Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: PA House to consider multiple anti gun bills tomorrow Tuesday 6/19

Time to counter. We must(well you, im still in CA) mobilize this fall to protest these measures. Do it in waves. make a rally every week to accommodate everyone's schedules. Plan time off from now. Push harder than we(y'all) ever have.

(Chester County)

Gun owners in PA don't show up to vote and politicians know it.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    We need to find a way to change this. This is exactly why CA will never be a pro-gun state, and why FL, and VT got the shaft.

When I vote, it's for ONE thing ONLY. PRO 2A.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    come close to the season i will be offering to give everyone near me a ride... and i hate being around people.
    aside from that, i guess just pressure everyone to actually vote.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Montgomery County)

https://www.gunowners.org/statealert62918.htm

Gun control stalls in PA capitol

Written by Gun Owners of America

Published: 29 June 2018

Gun Control Fails to Advance in Harrisburg

Thank You for Your Activism!

Dear Friend:

The Pennsylvania House has adjourned for the summer without passing a single piece of Bloomberg agenda.

Gun grabbers had a long agenda, and they were optimistic that they could exploit tragedy in order to transform Pennsylvania into an anti-gun state.

Instead, all of their bills were set aside, starting with the star chamber-style Gun Confiscation Order bill (HB 2227), and moving on to Bloomberg’s Universal Background Registries (HB 1400).

Both of these bills are almost certainly dead for the year, thanks, in large part, to the active engagement of gun owners like you.

And so I wanted to personally thank you for taking action on our recent alert -- it makes a tremendous difference!

Grassroots Activism is Crucial

You just can’t underestimate how important your activism is.

While some Republicans were trying to hammer out a compromise, your principled voice was giving “air cover” for pro-gun heroes -- like Reps. Daryl Metcalfe, Aaron Bernstine, Frank Ryan, and Rick Saccone in the legislature -- who were urging their fellow Republicans to oppose ALL Gun Control.

So working together -- along with pro-gun state groups like Firearms Owners Against Crime (FOAC) -- we were able to kill the aforementioned bills, in addition to stalling other anti-gun legislation.

Compromising Republican identifies with Moms Demand Action

One of the nightmarish proposals gained significant traction only because of RINOs (Republicans In Name Only) like Rep. Marguerite Quinn of Bucks County, who hurled threats and insults at her GOP colleagues.

After her defeat, she donned a Bloomberg tee-shirt and hurled venom at Republicans on the steps of the capital.

So congratulations on your good work.

Have a great summer. When the legislature comes back in September, we still may have some fights ahead.

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
    Executive Director
    Follow me on Twitter: @erichmpratt

P.S. It’s because of your support that GOA is able to engage in battles like this in Pennsylvania. If you've let your membership lapse, please make sure to renew your membership in Gun Owners of America today for only $20!

2018 Gun Owners of America
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Don't stop fighting people, we can win.

Next up, voting Casey out of office.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Don't stop fighting people, we can win.

Next up, voting Casey out of office.

From Casey, you are right we have to vote him out.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the Second Amendment and the regulation of firearms. I appreciate hearing from you.

Pennsylvania has a rich tradition of hunting, and I support the Second Amendment right of law-abiding Americans to own guns for protection, sporting and collection. But, like many Americans, I believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help to prevent tragedies like the mass shootings at Sandy Hook, Charleston, Orlando, Las Vegas, Sutherland Springs, Parkland and Santa Fe, Texas, as well as the daily gun violence that takes the lives of approximately 33,000 Americans each year.

The Sandy Hook massacre affected me deeply. The shooter used a military-style assault weapon with magazines containing up to 30 rounds of ammunition. Realizing that he chose this weapon because he wanted to inflict the most damage in the shortest amount of time, and that he would have tried to kill hundreds of children if he could have, led me to reevaluate how we approach gun violence as a Nation. After careful study, I decided to support legislation to close loopholes in the existing background check system, as well as legislation to institute a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and to restrict high-capacity magazines. I voted in favor of these measures, as well as efforts to close a loophole allowing known and suspected terrorists on the Terrorist Watchlist to purchase firearms, when they came before the Senate for consideration in 2013, 2015 and 2016. None of these measures gained enough support to pass the Senate.

As a public official, I believe my colleagues and I have an obligation to enact commonsense reforms that will keep Americans safe and reduce the likelihood of gun violence incidents. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. Please be assured that should the Senate consider legislation affecting firearm regulation, I will have your views in mind.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    From Casey, you are right we have to vote him out.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the Second Amendment and the regulation of firearms. I appreciate hearing from you.

Pennsylvania has a rich tradition of hunting, and I support the Second Amendment right of law-abiding Americans to own guns for protection, sporting and collection. But, like many Americans, I believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help to prevent tragedies like the mass shootings at Sandy Hook, Charleston, Orlando, Las Vegas, Sutherland Springs, Parkland and Santa Fe, Texas, as well as the daily gun violence that takes the lives of approximately 33,000 Americans each year.

The Sandy Hook massacre affected me deeply. The shooter used a military-style assault weapon with magazines containing up to 30 rounds of ammunition. Realizing that he chose this weapon because he wanted to inflict the most damage in the shortest amount of time, and that he would have tried to kill hundreds of children if he could have, led me to reevaluate how we approach gun violence as a Nation. After careful study, I decided to support legislation to close loopholes in the existing background check system, as well as legislation to institute a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and to restrict high-capacity magazines. I voted in favor of these measures, as well as efforts to close a loophole allowing known and suspected terrorists on the Terrorist Watchlist to purchase firearms, when they came before the Senate for consideration in 2013, 2015 and 2016. None of these measures gained enough support to pass the Senate.

As a public official, I believe my colleagues and I have an obligation to enact commonsense reforms that will keep Americans safe and reduce the likelihood of gun violence incidents. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. Please be assured that should the Senate consider legislation affecting firearm regulation, I will have your views in mind.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator
    he's been sending the same generic canned response for years.
    should try to find his real email, he hides behind a trap.

Please NEVER, NEVER stop the fight. We in New Yorkistan are Never going to be free, but the Commonwealth of Pa. still lives on. Fight them tooth and nail. Please dont let it happen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by tjironhorse View Post
    Please NEVER, NEVER stop the fight. We in New Yorkistan are Never going to be free, but the Commonwealth of Pa. still lives on. Fight them tooth and nail. Please dont let it happen to you.
    we won't.
    but does that mean you've given up? because that's pretty self defeating..m even though you have a muh steeper battle.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast