Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono00 View Post
    We were just talking about checking the place out. Might have to consider the offer. How much does a paid membership save on items?
    It saves a lot if you do enough shopping to make it worth it. I don't think there's a really set percentage over all that it saves. But if you look through their website it shows the member/non-member prices. Look at what you would regularly buy and see if you save enough to make it worth it. If you're like us where you're buying things in bulk it's easier. We'll buy 50lb bags of flour and sugar as well as bulk quantities of panko and italian breadcrumbs.

In the past year we've saved enough to cover the cost of the $50 membership. But we did buy a full set of plates and silverware for our daily use (we have a nice set that we use for special occasions) but we figured plain restaurant plates would be work well. Plus the service really can't be beat, the employees are all very friendly, if you have a cart they will always walk you out to your car and help you load. You'll never (at least in the store near me) an employee on a cell phone ignoring customers. If you ask where something is, they just don't point you in the general direction and walk away, they take you to the item to make sure you find it.

We've also been replacing our 50yr old stainless steel pans with more modern versions for far less than what we could buy an entire set in any other store, but just buying them one or two at a time. The Vigor pans we've been getting are very nice, the frying pans get hot fast and retain their heat and are very well built.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Agreed...learn the term OPSEC.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    First rule of prepping is to not talk about prepping. Don’t let people know what you are doing to avoid having them show up at your door.

That said, my plan is to show up at Justin’s with my popcorn, ammo and condoms and throw myself at his mercy.

(Lehigh County)

We have a restaurant store around the corner from work. I've gone a few times in the past month to pick up some stuff. Haven't purchased enough to justify a membership yet, but I can see the advantage if you buy enough over a year. One advantage that's nice though with membership is you can place your order online and they'll have it ready for you when you get there.

I've mostly gotten paper goods and some K-cups. For me buying large cans of fruit, sauces etc is I won't use much after opening and then not sure what to do with all the extra after that LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It saves a lot if you do enough shopping to make it worth it. I don't think there's a really set percentage over all that it saves. But if you look through their website it shows the member/non-member prices. Look at what you would regularly buy and see if you save enough to make it worth it. If you're like us where you're buying things in bulk it's easier. We'll buy 50lb bags of flour and sugar as well as bulk quantities of panko and italian breadcrumbs.

In the past year we've saved enough to cover the cost of the $50 membership. But we did buy a full set of plates and silverware for our daily use (we have a nice set that we use for special occasions) but we figured plain restaurant plates would be work well. Plus the service really can't be beat, the employees are all very friendly, if you have a cart they will always walk you out to your car and help you load. You'll never (at least in the store near me) an employee on a cell phone ignoring customers. If you ask where something is, they just don't point you in the general direction and walk away, they take you to the item to make sure you find it.

We've also been replacing our 50yr old stainless steel pans with more modern versions for far less than what we could buy an entire set in any other store, but just buying them one or two at a time. The Vigor pans we've been getting are very nice, the frying pans get hot fast and retain their heat and are very well built.
    Yea definitely sounds like a good deal. Most restaurants I’m sure it’s worth the membership. We don’t live all that close to one, and idk that we would buy enough stuff to make a membership worth it though.

We may still take a trip out there in a few days anyway. I mean we will have to go out to shop at some point, in a time like this taking the hour plus trip each way will just be an excuse to be out of the house for longer lol

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Dollar Tree has seed packets 4 for $1. It's pretty darn hard to find yeast right now, though.
    I have some sort of yeast packets in the cupboard. I'm guessing that the G/F ca 1995 bought them, could they still be any good?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

I was out and about today and since I was close I swung into my egg vendor's stand and got me a dozen eggs. The last time I was there, about two weeks ago there had to be a gross of eggs in that refrigerator but today there were only two available and some with people's names on them. The eggs were still warm and the cartons have today's date written on the label. I was tempted to snag both dozen but since 1) I had a dozen already in the fridge and 2) We don't use that many eggs here I left them for a needy sole. Then to do my part in hoarding I filled the Toyota with gas at the gas station, saving my own stash for the boogaloo.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Forget about toilet paper. Yeast is the new unobtanium.

(Lancaster County)

Really? Last time I was in Costco and the RSS there was lots of yeast left.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Don't women grow it?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Don't women grow it?
    If it were to be bottled it would be called "Swine" in some counties.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast