Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Game Officer harassment

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepyromaniak View Post
    So in the same sense if this happens you are the one who started the confrontation.

You walk into a BK, see a man with a Red Shirt and say to R.S. "Sure is hot out today" as you stand behind him.

R.S. then turns around and starts yelling at you and telling you off and what not.

Your to blame for starting the confrontation correct?
    Not exactly the same thing.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Ok people, again, he was a bunny cop. Not a Police officer.

(Luzerne County)

So in the same sense if this happens you are the one who started the confrontation.

You walk into a BK, see a man with a Red Shirt and say to R.S. "Sure is hot out today" as you stand behind him.

R.S. then turns around and starts yelling at you and telling you off and what not.

He didn't ask her that. He pulled some BS authority out his ass and asked for her license from behind a badge.

Big difference.

But you can believe whatever you wish

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Armstrong County)

It’s not to say that she was skirting a law, but people in general tend to do it a lot. A simple yes would end it right there. Again your right we were not there, but you can not tell me that the way she responded was correct. I agree with what was said above that she is lucky she didn’t get shot when she went from cc to oc. Again we were not there to know how it happened, but point still stands. Why put some one who is acting irate on a pedestal. I truly believe she was out of line. If it went down like this no body would back the non LEO.

GUY IS STANDING IN A GROUP OF SMOKERS IN A PARKING LOT WHEN HE HEARS FROM BEHIND

LEO: Is that a marijuana cigarette your smoking?
    GUY: Its none of your business, sir.
    LEO: Yes it is, and I have the authority to ask
    GUY: Um, no, you don't have any authority to ask me anything. Why don't you go and harass someone else.
    LEO: You can be arrested for failing to answer my question. I have the authority.
    GUY: being a bitch, putting out the joint. Im not smoking anymore Now arrest me for legally standing on private property being you have the authority.
    LEO: Are you taunting me?
    GUY: Are you harassing me about doing something perfectly legal on private property that is absolutely none of your business?
    LEO: I'm not harassing you. I just want to know if you have a license to carry that.
    GUY: Its none of your God damn business! And yes, you certainly are harassing me, and I've now had my fill of listening to your bullshit. Don't say another word to me or I will be calling 911. Have a nice day.

What would the difference be? I realize this sounds kind of dumb, but so does going off on a LEO when asked a simple question.

(Lackawanna County)

LOLzheimer's!

what does that have to do with anything? some prick with a badge acted like a dick to a woman who was minding her business. how is that similar to an attempt at small talk with a Star Trek extra?

FAIL.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Ok people, again, he was a bunny cop. Not a Police officer.
    bunny cop with the same powers as a police officer.
    No longer posting

(Lackawanna County)

It’s not to say that she was skirting a law, but people in general tend to do it a lot. A simple yes would end it right there. Again your right we were not there, but you can not tell me that the way she responded was correct. I agree with what was said above that she is lucky she didn’t get shot when she went from cc to oc. Again we were not there to know how it happened, but point still stands. Why put some one who is acting irate on a pedestal. I truly believe she was out of line. If it went down like this no body would back the non LEO.

GUY IS STANDING IN A GROUP OF SMOKERS IN A PARKING LOT WHEN HE HEARS FROM BEHIND

LEO: Is that a marijuana cigarette your smoking?
    GUY: Its none of your business, sir.
    LEO: Yes it is, and I have the authority to ask
    GUY: Um, no, you don't have any authority to ask me anything. Why don't you go and harass someone else.
    LEO: You can be arrested for failing to answer my question. I have the authority.
    GUY: being a bitch, putting out the joint. Im not smoking anymore Now arrest me for legally standing on private property being you have the authority.
    LEO: Are you taunting me?
    GUY: Are you harassing me about doing something perfectly legal on private property that is absolutely none of your business?
    LEO: I'm not harassing you. I just want to know if you have a license to carry that.
    GUY: Its none of your God damn business! And yes, you certainly are harassing me, and I've now had my fill of listening to your bullshit. Don't say another word to me or I will be calling 911. Have a nice day.

What would the difference be? I realize this sounds kind of dumb, but so does going off on a LEO when asked a simple question.
    the difference is, smoking weed is a crime no matter where you're doing it. the act of smoking gives an LEO the right to arrest you. the act of carrying a gun is NOT.

are purposefully being dense?

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    His initial statement to me was ""hey, you have a license to carry that".

He didn't say "excuse me, your firearm is printing, and btw, do you have a license to carry that".

He NEVER asked to see my LTCF. His instance in questioning was did I have one. He NEVER once mentioned my firearm "showing".

My firearm was NOT showing, only printing.

He definitely took the wrong approach, by being a loud horses ass, therefore, creating a confrontation.

There are much more suttle ways to gain information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    He didn't ask her that. He pulled some BS authority out his ass and asked for her license from behind a badge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    He NEVER asked to see my LTCF. His instance in questioning was did I have one. He NEVER once mentioned my firearm "showing".
    And he has authority, its not BS. It was a simple question. And furthermore, what right / law did he violate in asking it?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by alowe56 View Post
    There's no printing laws in MI either, but let's face it, if you're printing, and trying to conceal, then you might expect to be approached and asked about the weapon you have that is badly concealed.
    Why should I *expect* to be approached?

I tend to agree with the Pa. Supreme Court
    The Commonwealth takes the radical position that police have a duty to
    stop and frisk when they receive information from any source that a suspect has
    a gun. Since it is not illegal to carry a licensed gun in Pennsylvania,4 it is
    difficult to see where this shocking idea originates, notwithstanding the
    Commonwealth's fanciful and histrionic references to maniacs who may spray
    schoolyards with gunfire and assassins of public figures who may otherwise go
    undetected. Even if the Constitution of Pennsylvania would permit such
    invasive police activity as the Commonwealth proposes -- which it does not --
    such activity seems more likely to endanger than to protect the public.
    Unnecessary police intervention, by definition, produces the possibility of
    conflict where none need exist.
    ~ Commonwealth v. Hawkins PA (1996)
    Hawkins was a case about an anonymous call about a man with a gun, not a police officer spotting a concealed gun. But if you read that paragraph, particularly the part about carrying a firearm (licensed) being legal, I think the premis stands pretty solidly in a case like Michelle's too.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    bunny cop with the same powers as a police officer.
    IE LEO . A meter maid is LEO!

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast