Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Unhappy Stop Online Ammo Sales Act

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Stop Online Ammo Sales Act

We can only hope that they see that in the past that this type of ban is useless. Hopefully they recognize that and see that there is no importance to these type of restrictions.

Now theres gonna be a even more people panic buying ammo and prices are gonna soar, even online.

I don't see anything changing in the long run. All this will do is inconvenience us, the buyers. We will all go back to making most of our ammo purchases at the gun shows.

Let's hope it doesn't pass.

(Northampton County)

I think what is scariest to me, if this does pass, is the reporting requirements. Sounds like an attempt at a back-door firearm owner registry to me.

What a waste of resources these Clowns(D) will toss around in order to try and get re-elected with no benefit to anyone, just a hassle.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by rmagill View Post
    I think what is scariest to me, if this does pass, is the reporting requirements. Sounds like an attempt at a back-door firearm owner registry to me.
    Not registration, but an attempt at raising the cost of ammunition to the point that the average person cannot afford it. This has been a goal for quite a while on different fronts. Limit the number of mine permits for getting natural resources in country. Manufacturers have to go overseas to get lead and brass raising the price of ammo across the board.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by lhowland.40 View Post
    We can only hope that they see that in the past that this type of ban is useless. Hopefully they recognize that and see that there is no importance to these type of restrictions.
    That's not the point and it makes no difference. They will take from us whatever they can whenever they can. Criminals with guns is not their primary concern. Their problem is that we have guns.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Not registration, but an attempt at raising the cost of ammunition to the point that the average person cannot afford it. This has been a goal for quite a while on different fronts. Limit the number of mine permits for getting natural resources in country. Manufacturers have to go overseas to get lead and brass raising the price of ammo across the board.

It will certainly raise the price of ammo. What jumped out to me was the required reporting of ammunition sales totaling over 1,000 rounds within a 5 business day period. Not only is this a deterrent from buying bulk ammunition, but the .gov could use these records to see who is buying ammo. It is highly likely that people who buy ammo are also gun owners. By tracking who gets the ammo the .gov can have a rough list of people active in the shooting sports.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    That's not the point and it makes no difference. They will take from us whatever they can whenever they can. Criminals with guns is not their primary concern. Their problem is that we have guns.
    Exactly. As I have seen posted around here recently, gun (ok, or ammo) control isn't about guns, it's about control. The antis are in this for the long haul. Every little bit that they can take they will, and then normalize restrictions until it seems like "cutting edge" restrictions are reasonable (anyone have an automatic rifle?).

We should not own firearms after proving why we need them, we should be able to own firearms - and ammo - because to do so is a right that shall not be infringed.

Smile Re: Stop Online Ammo Sales Act

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    I don't see anything changing in the long run. All this will do is inconvenience us, the buyers. We will all go back to making most of our ammo purchases at the gun shows.

Let's hope it doesn't pass.
    Back door at guns shows for ammo,Except if this agenda got thru,next would be the zgoverment telling ammo MFGs how much ammo they are limited to sell to the wholesalers ! Its about trickling down our gun rights a bit at a time ! Support our Gun Friendly Politicians,Vote Romney 2012 !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast