Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

A friend and I were discussing firearms philosophies. I know he's not new to carrying like myself so I was picking his brain a bit. When I asked him what he carries or if he was carrying at all he started talking about "the fuzzy pink thong" ever hear of the fuzzy pink thong?
    It ain't the how much. It's where the how much is at.

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by ThikSkin View Post
    A friend and I were discussing firearms philosophies. I know he's not new to carrying like myself so I was picking his brain a bit. When I asked him what he carries or if he was carrying at all he started talking about "the fuzzy pink thong" ever hear of the fuzzy pink thong?
    I think that means he's gay.

(Washington County)

I know. My eyebrows went up when I heard it too but I thought it was pretty clever. Pink fuzzy thong. All it means is that you may be wearing one (gun) but I don't need to know about it or see it.

Found an iPhone app called "gun carry". It lists all gun carry laws for all the states. Reciprocity, violations and is updated whenever the laws change. Very handy.
    It ain't the how much. It's where the how much is at.

(Jefferson County)

Updated the Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground section by adding "Dog Attacks". The topic has been brought up countless times in the last few months and this will provide the necessary info.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Updated the Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground section by adding "Dog Attacks". The topic has been brought up countless times in the last few months and this will provide the necessary info.
    Perfect Idea!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Jefferson County)

Added the long gun section pertaining to carrying.

Please refer inquiries for off-limits places, dog attacks, long gun carrying, and private property & signs to this FAQ/sticky post.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

How many people actually open carry? I can understand out in the country somewhere, but what about a town like Stroudsburg? I don't think it's that common because I rarely see it, however I've heard that there are gray areas when it comes to open carrying. Law enforcement for example, do most just keep walking or would they stop you? I have my ccw, but I don't think I would be comfortable open carrying unless I had a badge on my chest.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by NAH2K5 View Post
    How many people actually open carry? I can understand out in the country somewhere, but what about a town like Stroudsburg? I don't think it's that common because I rarely see it, however I've heard that there are gray areas when it comes to open carrying. Law enforcement for example, do most just keep walking or would they stop you? I have my ccw, but I don't think I would be comfortable open carrying unless I had a badge on my chest.
    I'm sending you a pm, questions like this are best for a different section, so as not to drag this thread off-topic

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by NAH2K5 View Post
    How many people actually open carry?
    I do. For me it's a matter of convenience. And since it's inconvenient for me to be detained - I don't OC in questionable places like Philly. Yet I admire folks like Viper, who sometimes make statement by OCing. They fight for my rights too.
    Je suis déplorable

(Delaware County)

Knight: would the following benefit from some rewording?

Openly or concealed does NOT matter to vehicles, nor does its loaded or unloaded status, only the fact that there is a "firearm"(handgun, SBS, SBR) in, on, or upon a vehicle. Any device that is used to transport people is a vehicle. Yes, that includes horses, bicycles, motorcycles, boats, trains, airplanes, cars, trucks, trolleys, etc, etc. YOU NEED A LICENSE TO TRANSPORT A HANDGUN IN, ON, OR UPON A VEHICLE UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO/FROM ONE OF THE EXEMPTED LOCATIONS IN 18.61.6106.(B).
    someone that is not well read may interpret that as "I can carry loaded if I'm going to the range. Loaded or unloaded makes no difference"

I know they would read and find out about it needing to be unloaded without a LTCF... But if they stopped reading after the bold, an assumption could be made. Just a thought

Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast