Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman Trial

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Jim Carrey withdraws support for Kick-Ass 2

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post

Personally, I think he has to take the stand.
    I'm thinking the opposite. He has his entire testimony already out there on the police reenactment and there is nothing he can add to it. In the video he comes off as rational and honest. So, why take the risk of being cross examined?

Default Re: Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    SYG applies if you have the option to leave. GZ fired because he was pinned to the ground. There may be other technical reasons why the Florida pre-trial process wasn't a good bet for GZ.

As for putting GZ on the stand, there are inherent traps in a self-defense shooting. Does he regret killing the guy? Sure. Would he do it again? That's the trap, there's no good answer. Same for "knowing how this ended, would you follow him again if you had it to do over?" No good answer there, either, because either he admits wrongdoing (it's his fault because he followed the kid) or he shows no remorse (he'd kill the kid again).

It's a trap because most jurors are not deep thinkers, and can't spot the difference between "I could have prevented this" and "It was my fault." Every widow of the 9/11 attacks could have prevented the death of her spouse if she had simply insisted that he stay home that day, but that doesn't translate into it being her fault. And GZ could have avoided the killing if he had merely let TM do whatever he wished to do (the same way that every single police shooting was avoidable.)

The math was not "is following this marginal suspect worth killing someone?", it was "is he suspicious enough that it justifies police intervention?"
    Nice recap, I didn't even think of the actual line of questioning. That would suck. I think I now agree with the talking head lawyers regarding it NOT being in GZ's interest to take the stand.

It is a shame though that the Prosecution will try to use that to make GZ look guilty.

Take care
    --G

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by gidian View Post
    Nice recap, I didn't even think of the actual line of questioning. That would suck. I think I now agree with the talking head lawyers regarding it NOT being in GZ's interest to take the stand.

It is a shame though that the Prosecution will try to use that to make GZ look guilty.

Take care
    --G
    One of the principles of the justice system is that a defendant has the right to remain silent and his refusal to take the stand in his own defense is no admission of guilt. The jury should have been instructed this at the beginning.
    Last edited by lemko; July 2nd, 2013 at 02:43 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    I'm thinking the opposite. He has his entire testimony already out there on the police reenactment and there is nothing he can add to it. In the video he comes off as rational and honest. So, why take the risk of being cross examined?
    ^^this^^ ....no need ta take the stand

(Bucks County)

How does a chief medical examiner not understand physics? This women speaks broken English and doesn't seem to understand English. Where did they find these people? The only way in my opinion that GZ doesn't walk is fear of racial retaliation.
    "It's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

Quote Originally Posted by mike231 View Post
    How does a chief medical examiner not understand physics? This women speaks broken English and doesn't seem to understand English. Where did they find these people? The only way in my opinion that GZ doesn't walk is fear of racial retaliation.
    That's all there has ever been. That has been the entire reason for a special prosecutor, IMO. And honestly I'm concerned a jury of six women are going to find some reason to convict, most likely on a lesser charge.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

The lead investigator testified today and even said he was facing external pressures to seek a prosecution after they believed and had evidence to indicate a self defense shooting

(Berks County)

Which is my opinion for why he should take the stand. The jury doesn't know him. They've seen him on TV, they've seen him sit there. That's impersonal, not personal. They all know he's innocent, and everyone in that trial knows it's a farce, but they all also know what's at stake. My opinion, he'd cement it in his favor if he took the stand.

(Erie County)

How does a chief medical examiner not understand physics?
    Because their focus in education is not on physics.

I will always have a problem with what GZ describes during this altercation, his inability to fend this kid off, especially if he was taking MMA classes, and how he got his gun out with TM straddling him. The sidewalk is a rough surface, GZ had little hair. Any irregularity on the surface could have made those lacerations on the back of the head if the two of them were doing the horizontal man dance. Only thing consistent is being smacked in the nose. Would imagine if GZ's head hit the edge of the sidewalk, with good force, that would cause a fracture of the skull in that area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Which is my opinion for why he should take the stand.
    And I already told you that you are wrong, so please move on.

Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast