Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default concealed carry for green card holders

what kind of documents do you need to get a concealed carry permit if you have a green card in Pennsilvania?
    Last edited by Gustave008; February 21st, 2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: forgot to spesifi the state

Default Re: concealed carry for green card holders

Not sure exactly, but the application requests country of birth, country of citizenship, and immigration ID number.

Beyond that I’m guessing the regular proof of pa citizenship ie, DL or county ID.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave008 View Post
    what kind of documents do you need to get a concealed carry permit if you have a green card in Pennsilvania?
    (Pennsylvania)
    Once you have a green card. "Permanent resident status" you have the same rights as any American or resident of the US, you need the same documents, just remember, that green card has to be with you 1--% of the time, and on any firearm related subject, add the A# so the LTCF and the green card coordinate.

SO the answer is, you only need to be here 90 Days and have your A# (Alien Number) on you to put on the form. there ARE no extra forms.

PS Gustave, Dans Le mot Pennsylvania, oublie le i et ajoute un Y
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    (Pennsylvania)
    Once you have a green card. "Permanent resident status" you have the same rights as any American or resident of the US, you need the same documents, just remember, that green card has to be with you 1--% of the time, and on any firearm related subject, add the A# so the LTCF and the green card coordinate.

SO the answer is, you only need to be here 90 Days and have your A# (Alien Number) on you to put on the form. there ARE no extra forms.

PS Gustave, Dans Le mot Pennsylvania, oublie le i et ajoute un Y
    In Philadelphia they ask for the three months proof of residency (bank statements, utility bills, etc) like FFLs do when resident aliens buy guns. I don't know if other counties are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    In Philadelphia they ask for the three months proof of residency (bank statements, utility bills, etc) like FFLs do when resident aliens buy guns. I don't know if other counties are like that.
    The green card ensures you have been some where more then 90 days, and that is all they can really ask for. If you move even from Apt 10 to Apt 11 in the same building... you have to inform the govt so that your green card remains valid
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

Once you have a green card. "Permanent resident status" you have the same rights as any American or resident of the US, you need the same documents

Not really.

You can't vote. Some states restrict firearms sales to US Citizens only. You can have the green card taken away and deported if you are found guilty of certain types of crimes. There are a lot of things a resident alien can't do that a citizen can do.

Gustave, I'd like to thank you for taking up residency in the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZ View Post
    Once you have a green card. "Permanent resident status" you have the same rights as any American or resident of the US, you need the same documents

Not really.

You can't vote. Some states restrict firearms sales to US Citizens only. You can have the green card taken away and deported if you are found guilty of certain types of crimes. There are a lot of things a resident alien can't do that a citizen can do.

Interesting thread - recently federal courts in KY and WA have struck down state discrimination against gun rights for permamenet residents - those are easy cases as strict scrutiny appliesd to alianage discrimination.

IN PA one need only be legally present to apply for a LTCF - no permanent residency requried. Further, the Philadelphia Police checks of 90 days proof or residence for aliens is just as bogus as their demand for fingeprtings and interviewsd - when will somebody stand up to the PPD and appeal their LTCF denial? Sheesh!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Interesting thread - recently federal courts in KY and WA have struck down state discrimination against gun rights for permamenet residents - those are easy cases as strict scrutiny appliesd to alianage discrimination.

IN PA one need only be legally present to apply for a LTCF - no permanent residency requried. Further, the Philadelphia Police checks of 90 days proof or residence for aliens is just as bogus as their demand for fingeprtings and interviewsd - when will somebody stand up to the PPD and appeal their LTCF denial? Sheesh!
    Philadelphia will not issue LTCFs to nonresident aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    Philadelphia will not issue LTCFs to nonresident aliens.
    OK, great! Philadelphia's conduct is an unlawful violation of the UFA - apply, and when denies, appeal to the court of common pleas - very easy case to win. Why does nobody do it?

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZ View Post

Not really.

Actually, you can vote, just not in Presidential elections, you can even hold office. As for deportation, If you get deported, chances are an American would have gone to jail for the very same reasons. There are very few things a permanent resident can not do that a US citizen can.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast