Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: In what position do you carry?

My recommendation is to find what is comfortable for you and keep it there so muscle memory takes your hand to it every time in case you need it. I ran in to issues with that the only time I ever needed to draw my gun and it was not the time to be distracted. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...earing+leather

As far as concern over printing, that is typical "I'm new to carrying" paranoia. It will fade in time as you become more comfortable with it.

As it seems that you have a tuckable IWB holster and a subcompact 9mm, you will be surprised at just how concealable it is. I wear my PF9 in a tuckable IWB with a forward cant at 0400 and it isn't noticable except for the belt clip even when wearing jeans and a T shirt or dress slacks and a fitted dress shirt. A slight blouse at the waist, which comes from normal movement anyway, is enough to cover it. And, since I wear a Leatherman multitool on a belt pouch, that fits near or over the belt clip and hides it even further without interfering with access to the gun.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Speaking of which, I haven't heard from the AZ folks in awhile. Are they still around?
    Alive and well on The firing line forum.

(Schuylkill County)

Appendix about 1:30 in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3 IWB

If IWB , about 4:30 to 5:00. My pistols sit flat on my back there and conceal great and is the most comfortable position I've found for sitting in the car or even lounging on the sofa.

If OWB, 3:00.

'Bout here:

Last edited by alpacaheat; July 10th, 2017 at 10:39 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice!!

I've moved it back a little, past my love handle (pretty close to location in alpacaheat's pic), and there is definitely a flatter space there; gun/holster seems to fit a little better and is definitely more comfortable while sitting.

IWB or OWB I carry at about the 3:30-4 O'clock position. I don't have a whole lot of "padding" on my hips, so that's where it rides best.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Hi Sunspear and welcome to PAFOA.
    As I am sure is obvious by now, carry position and other details can be very personal and specific to your need.
    Your belt is 1.5 inches so it's probably good for most belt carry.
    Your holster is pretty meaty for your carry gun which is fairly small, the more substantial holsters are usually for larger frame guns, but use it if you like it.
    You may find it is more comfortable for you to carry with a smaller, softer, leather or nylon inside the waistband clip holster.
    If you have no experience, then please, please, get some training before you carry.
    I generally recommend that people find one way they are comfortable carrying, and then get some proper training to carry, draw, and fire from that position.
    Most indoor ranges are open to the public without membership, and can offer training.
    I generally recommend a minimum of 10 hours of professional training for people new to shooting and carry.
    Best of luck to you, be safe, and please let us know how it's going, or if you have any questions.
    Berncly-
    Hi Berncly! Thanks!

I've had the LC9S to the range a few times now, and I certainly intend to get some training soon. I've been looking at the NRA Training site and their defensive pistol courses look interesting. Any experience with them or other recommendations?

(Delaware County)

Mostly 4:00 right side pocket. Once in a while both. On the rare occasions I carry my revolver it is closer to 3:00.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspear View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies and advice!!

I've moved it back a little, past my love handle (pretty close to location in alpacaheat's pic), and there is definitely a flatter space there; gun/holster seems to fit a little better and is definitely more comfortable while sitting.
    Great. My wife carries the same gun as you and it's definitely a comfortable one to carry, and easy to hide.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Carbon County)

I carry at 10 o'clock because I'm fat and left handed
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast