Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: H.R 38 and concealed carry eligibility

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Local news did a quick and short piece on it today featuring elected D.A. Shapiro and Top Cop Richard Ross griping about it and some yokel from New Jersey who voiced his displeasure and had the nerve to say that Congress is now a subsidiary of tge NRA.
    When are they going to stop giving the NRA so much power? Anyone who put's a total of 5 minutes into researching will find they do not have nearly as much juice as the media makes them out to have. Hell from what I read (which I cannot currently conform yet) they put out a video or a post today saying that we (gun owners) may need to make the compromise on the Fix Nics bill in order to get this and it would be worth it. I think that is a far cry from what the average hammer head gun owner like myself feels or wants.

The NRA donated just under $3 million to lobbying efforts in 2011 and took in over ruffly $220,000 million total. That doesnt even place them in the top 10 strongest lobbyists in the country.

If and when I find this statement or video regarding the compromising the NRA wants to make I will promptly put it up.

(Philadelphia County)

I would like to see that statement.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

The crazy thing is the Anti's were complaining that HR38 was intentional poison added to their Fix Nics bill that would defiantly lead to it being killed. So does that mean the Repugnants added it on purpose to get both bills to self destruct yet again serving their agenda all while saying hey guys we tried and to remember that next time at the polls?

This entire thing has gone up shits creek.

The crazy thing is the Anti's were complaining that HR38 was intentional poison added to their Fix Nics bill that would defiantly lead to it being killed. So does that mean the Repugnants added it on purpose to get both bills to self destruct yet again serving their agenda all while saying hey guys we tried and to remember that next time at the polls?

This entire thing has gone up shits creek.

(Philadelphia County)

Repugnants,lol!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Repugnants,lol!
    I dislike them all.

I found this on the NRA's TV site which is saying that the words in the new FIX NICS bill many of which are posted here aren't what they seem to be and HR38 is more important then government intrusion. Apparently all other pro gun orgs are liars and none of us passed reading comprehension.

Hell even that nutcase Ted Nugent went off last week on the Steven Crowder show on how ridiculous the existing NICS is as well as the fact that the NRA had a hand in implementing and writing the bill for it. I am pretty sure he isn't a supporter of this new more restrictive version either.

Apparently I should have just checked Youtube, they are getting destroyed in the comments.

Last edited by Hodgie; December 5th, 2017 at 10:43 PM.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINOWN.22 View Post
    Hey guys. As many of you are aware, H.R 38 has been gaining momentum and should be passed by the end of the year (fingers crossed). I was reading an article by Everytown, and it stated that this bill would essentially allow nonresidents of a state to carry under a license from another state. This, of course, has it's benefits in terms of carry. PA is pretty strict with the age a person can carry at. After the bill passes, would it then be possible to apply under Maine's permit and legally carry here? The bill states you can not be federally prohibited from possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm (which would mean anyone 18 and above)
    No. PA law restricts concealed carry for residents to those with a RESIDENT LTCF. At least that is my understanding. IANAL but one will be along soon, probably.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    No. PA law restricts concealed carry for residents to those with a RESIDENT LTCF. At least that is my understanding. IANAL but one will be along soon, probably.
    I tried to tell him that before... here is a link that maybe he'll read about the court case and decsion:

https://blog.princelaw.com/2013/10/2...own-aftermath/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123