Me: FUCK YOU!!
    FIFY again

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Negative encounter at the Shop Rite

them, "are you a cop?"

me, "nope"

them, "then why are you carrying a gun?"

me, "yep."

(the non answer is designed to cause confusion )

(Lancaster County)

It's times like that you need to start reciting some islamic prayer. Make the liberal's head explode as to whether or not they should be scared of a man with a gun or try to hide their actual fear of a muslim with a gun.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the opening question has an attitude (all Progressive snowflakes have an attitude), feel free to respond accordingly.

(staring at your gun) "Are you a cop or something?"

(look her up and down slowly) "Are you a prostitute or something?"
    That's the same type of quip response someone taught me years ago when they ask me if I ever played basketball because I'm pretty tall. It goes like this.

Q:My you're tall, have you ever played basketball?
    A:No, have you ever played miniature golf?
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    That's the same type of quip response someone taught me years ago when they ask me if I ever played basketball because I'm pretty tall. It goes like this.

Q:My you're tall, have you ever played basketball?
    A:No, have you ever played miniature golf?
    LOL!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Out with the family (kid and wife) for Sunday groceries.
    Your wife is our kind of gal.

Attitudes regarding OC change, depending on where you are in the state. For perspective, where is “somewhere, Pennsylvania”?

"do those legs go all the way up?"

looking forward to your comeback for that

(York County)

From this thread: Constitutional Open Carry - Think about it!

Those Offended at Seeing Open Carry

Wikipedia includes an explanation of Hoplophobia as "from the Greek hoplon, meaning armor, is defined as the 'fear of firearms' and as the 'fear of armed citizens'. While these fears may account for some of those offended, I believe there are many others who have a deeper problem.

Much of the public is not 'scared' by a visibly displayed firearms. The fact is that the majority of average police officers Openly Carry their firearm while on duty. And, contrary to true Hoplophobia, most people don't flee in terror every time they see the officer's firearm openly displayed. For most, it is not about being scared of the firearm.

There may be some who truly 'fear armed citizens' as in expecting them to act dangerously and create mayhem. These would fall under the above definition of Hoplophobia. But there are many more who are offended at Open Carry for another reason.

Much of the public (along with the media and government) has created a myth that the police are required to and are capable of protecting them. The typical advice from the media and government regarding dealing with any threat is to call 911 and wait for the police to arrive. While in many cases this might be sufficiently effective, it certainly does not prevent immediate personal attacks and bodily harm. The typical police response is 'after the fact' and the damage is already done. In responding to this fact, the average citizen carrying a firearm (concealed or openly) for self-protection asserts (by mere possession) that police protection is truly a myth.

Openly Carrying a firearm publicly denies the myth that the police are required and capable of protecting the citizenry. It publicly declares that this person believes in the 2nd Amendment Principle that every citizen has the right & responsibility for self-protection.

It is this TRUTH that scares the public!

So why are they (begrudgingly) accepting of Concealed Carry but take offense at Open Carry? With Concealed Carry, they can simply act as if no one is carrying a firearm - it allows them to maintain the myth in their heads. No matter what the facts are (that people they see and pass every day are carrying a concealed firearm), the idea that out-of-sight is out-of-mind clearly applies. They 'feel better' by not having to see the openly carried firearm and be reminded that, as the saying goes, when seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Ordinary citizens Openly Carrying their firearms is an affront to that myth and the reality it forces upon the offended public's mentality is frightful. This revelation (that self-protection is necessary) is so frightful that it even emboldens them to confront those who Open Carry and demand that they hide their firearm. Surely, no one who is a true Hoplophobe would willingly approach someone with a firearm (who they fear). No, it is not fear of the firearm or the carrier that drives these offended crusaders.

It is fear that their myth is invalid that drives these offended people to adamantly demand that other citizens not exercise their rights. The peaceful myth (of police protection) cannot be maintained in the face of others claiming that life holds too many potential dangers to go unarmed. The offended people demand respect and support of their self-soothing myths -- and demand that the rights of others MUST be surrendered.

Think about it!

ID

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    From this thread: Constitutional Open Carry - Think about it!

Those Offended at Seeing Open Carry

Wikipedia includes an explanation of Hoplophobia as "from the Greek hoplon, meaning armor, is defined as the 'fear of firearms' and as the 'fear of armed citizens'. While these fears may account for some of those offended, I believe there are many others who have a deeper problem.

Much of the public is not 'scared' by a visibly displayed firearms. The fact is that the majority of average police officers Openly Carry their firearm while on duty. And, contrary to true Hoplophobia, most people don't flee in terror every time they see the officer's firearm openly displayed. For most, it is not about being scared of the firearm.

There may be some who truly 'fear armed citizens' as in expecting them to act dangerously and create mayhem. These would fall under the above definition of Hoplophobia. But there are many more who are offended at Open Carry for another reason.

Much of the public (along with the media and government) has created a myth that the police are required to and are capable of protecting them. The typical advice from the media and government regarding dealing with any threat is to call 911 and wait for the police to arrive. While in many cases this might be sufficiently effective, it certainly does not prevent immediate personal attacks and bodily harm. The typical police response is 'after the fact' and the damage is already done. In responding to this fact, the average citizen carrying a firearm (concealed or openly) for self-protection asserts (by mere possession) that police protection is truly a myth.

Openly Carrying a firearm publicly denies the myth that the police are required and capable of protecting the citizenry. It publicly declares that this person believes in the 2nd Amendment Principle that every citizen has the right & responsibility for self-protection.

It is this TRUTH that scares the public!

So why are they (begrudgingly) accepting of Concealed Carry but take offense at Open Carry? With Concealed Carry, they can simply act as if no one is carrying a firearm - it allows them to maintain the myth in their heads. No matter what the facts are (that people they see and pass every day are carrying a concealed firearm), the idea that out-of-sight is out-of-mind clearly applies. They 'feel better' by not having to see the openly carried firearm and be reminded that, as the saying goes, when seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Ordinary citizens Openly Carrying their firearms is an affront to that myth and the reality it forces upon the offended public's mentality is frightful. This revelation (that self-protection is necessary) is so frightful that it even emboldens them to confront those who Open Carry and demand that they hide their firearm. Surely, no one who is a true Hoplophobe would willingly approach someone with a firearm (who they fear). No, it is not fear of the firearm or the carrier that drives these offended crusaders.

It is fear that their myth is invalid that drives these offended people to adamantly demand that other citizens not exercise their rights. The peaceful myth (of police protection) cannot be maintained in the face of others claiming that life holds too many potential dangers to go unarmed. The offended people demand respect and support of their self-soothing myths -- and demand that the rights of others MUST be surrendered.

Think about it!

ID
    Possibly true.

It's also possible that sheep get skittish and uncomfortable when they encounter someone who's not acting like every other member of the herd. I'm no farmer, but my understanding is that primitive herd or pack animals will actively exclude any member who acts outside some predetermined behavioral limits.

And snowflakes are primitive herd animals.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Your wife is our kind of gal.

Attitudes regarding OC change, depending on where you are in the state. For perspective, where is “somewhere, Pennsylvania”?
    Somewhat rural Montco. I’ve had many more compliments on OC around here than bad encounters

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast