Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Glock 26 or 43 question.

I love my Glock 26. It is a gen 4. It has become my new favorite pistol and I enjoy carrying it.
    I also have a Ruger LC9s which is my single stack 9. While the Ruger is the most concealable due to being slimmer and lighter, I carry the Glock. I don't find the 26 difficult to conceal at all. I like how comfortable it is, how fun it is to shoot, how accurately I shoot it, and I like it's capacity.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    I love my Glock 26. It is a gen 4. It has become my new favorite pistol and I enjoy carrying it.
    I also have a Ruger LC9s which is my single stack 9. While the Ruger is the most concealable due to being slimmer and lighter, I carry the Glock. I don't find the 26 difficult to conceal at all. I like how comfortable it is, how fun it is to shoot, how accurately I shoot it, and I like it's capacity.
    Do you like the factory sights? I have factory Night ones on my 19 and everything else has a standard three dot, I don't think I could go back to the factory default.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    If you already have a shield then I don't really see the need to run out and buy a G43 unless you just want one. The shield covers the thin single stack 9 end pretty well. The G26 is a fatty but holds a good bit more rounds and also will take your G19 mags as well as many of the parts the G19 uses. IMO you would be better off with the G26. I would recommend some GAP mag baseplates on the G26 too.

I have not been hearing a lot about brass to the face lately. Glock has made some changes but I do not know if it has been solved 100% yet. The issues seems to me to be extractor related.
    For the 26 I wouldn't add an extension of everything because then it comes down to, if the grip is the same as my 19, I might as well carry that instead. Same for the 43 really, if I add extensions to it, then Might as well carry the 26. I do like the fact that all my current glock mags will fit the 26. So maybe that will be what sways me.

Someone asked why the shield. I love my shield, the fact that I could go get another one for less than $300 seals that deal. If I could get a brand new 43 for that same price, I'd pick it up instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Allegheny County)

I do like the factory sights. I am accurate with the gun, so maybe that's why. I have thought about sending my slide to Glock to have them put the night sights on.

I've heard about stock sights breaking so that would be my only concern.

Good point on the extensions. I've never shot mine with an extension, I don't feel a need for one. How short the grip is is one of the great things about the 26. 10+1 and a grip as short or shorter than a j frame.

(Montgomery County)

I have the Glock pistols in 9/40 in all the sizes including single stack. All wear factory Glock brand night sights.

There are times I wish I had a 26 instead of a 27, but the 43 is what I carry the most.

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post

For the 26 I wouldn't add an extension of everything because then it comes down to, if the grip is the same as my 19, I might as well carry that instead. Same for the 43 really, if I add extensions to it, then Might as well carry the 26. I do like the fact that all my current glock mags will fit the 26. So maybe that will be what sways me.

Someone asked why the shield. I love my shield, the fact that I could go get another one for less than $300 seals that deal. If I could get a brand new 43 for that same price, I'd pick it up instantly.
    The GAP plates do not add extra rounds nor an extra finger groove. It is just a shelf that extends along the bottom of the mag.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    The GAP plates do not add extra rounds nor an extra finger groove. It is just a shelf that extends along the bottom of the mag.
    For me are a must have on the 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    For me are a must have on the 26.
    I have them on my 33 also. Helps to lock in the fingers that are on the grip and helps draw from the holster too. I really like them.

(Blair County)

The g26 is about as small of a gun as i feel comfortable with. I use the 12 round magpul mags. Feels very good in the hand. If you use the pierce extentions its almost as tall as a g19. Its been my daily since i got rid of the G29 a few years back. I think its about the perfect carry piece.

I have got to say that I have the Glock 43 and 19 both steady carry guns.On occasion I can get at estate sales G 43,When posted for sale they always sell within hours of posting,tells you that its a great carry gun !

(Jefferson County)

I was in the dilemma of picking between the 26 and 43 a few months ago.

The dealer then laid out a Springfield XDs9 in front of me and pointed to the price tag. $40-$60 less than the Glocks. ...and he then handed me a flyer for Springfield's Gear thingy where they send you (4) magazines, (8) mag sleeves for the extended mags(thinner/fatter for each), a 2-mag kydex carrier, and a kydex holster - FOR FREE.

Well, there is a XDs9 on my desk right now instead of a Glock.

Gun + 2 mags with gun + 4 more extended mags + extra sleeves + carrier + holster for less money.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast