Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Thumbs down Mike's Guns Levittown Pa

Here is the reason why I will never spend another cent in Mike's Gun shop. I heard that Mike had Federal small pistol primers for sale at the insane price of $45.00. This is high considering how much they used to be and alittle cheaper than some on gunbroker.com. So I go over to Mike's and ask if he has any left and he says how much do you need. I tell him I will buy whatever he is willing to sell. He said I can only sell 1000 primers per person. I said fine, I will take a 1000. I gave him 45.00 plus tax and out I went. I told my wife when she gets a chance to stop in and see Mike and pick up a 1000 if he has any left due to the 1000 per person rule. She did stop in and ask for primers and was asked how many would you like and she gave the same answer I did and was then givin the 1000 per person speach. She said fine and took the primers to the register where she was charged $50.00 plus tax for just being a woman. I hope you enjoy the extra $5.00 you made off my wife. If you needed $5 that bad I would just give it to you. Mike you are a crook and it will come back to bite you, that you can be sure of.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Mike's Guns Levittown Pa

are you sure between the time you purchased your primers and the time your wife stopped by to purchase more the price wasn't raised 5 bucks?

(Montgomery County)

did you speak to Mike? probably not---just running your mouth before you try to get it straightened out

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNER View Post
    did you speak to Mike? probably not---just running your mouth before you try to get it straightened out
    What's to straighten out. My wife goes into Mike's approximately 2-3 hours after I was in there. How do the price of primers go up $5.00 in that period of time? Keep in mind these are the same primers he was selling on Gunbroker.com in a dutch auction that expired two days later????????? FOR $45.00. I did not cuss the man, all I said was I will not spend another cent in there and Karma will come back to haunt those who attempt to make money off people for no reason other than greed. How would you feel if someone charged you more for a service or product just for wearing a hat or being a man. I have to believe you would feel slighted. I am sure you have been in this position before but just with someone you would not call your friend like Mike.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ulooze View Post
    My wife goes into Mike's approximately 2-3 hours after I was in there. How do the price of primers go up $5.00 in that period of time?

Since its his store he can change the prices whenever he wants. Did your wife ask him the price before buying? Did she willingly hand him the money after hearing the total?

Was she afraid to not bring them home to her grumpy hubby?

Mikes isn't my favorite shop, but he doesn't rip people off.

(Bucks County)

To answer your question, she did hand the money over with no questions asked. She did so willingly because she knows the importance of the primers to our hobby. I told her how much I paid for them, so she had some idea what to expect upon arrival at Mikes. She told me at home that maybe she misunderstood me on the phone when I told her about the primers cost. We all live and learn. I am just stated that I will no longer spend money at Mikes because of this. I feel what he did was wrong. It is ok for people to disagree with me on this.

Don't get me wrong. I have gone too and spent my share of money at Mikes prior to this. Up until now I have had no complaints with him or his service. I like his new store and location. I just don't like the fact he appears to have taken advantage of someone based on their gender.
    Last edited by ulooze; June 8th, 2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: added info

(Montgomery County)

I don't know Mike--all I'm saying is did you go and talk to him?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNER View Post
    I don't know Mike--all I'm saying is did you go and talk to him?
    I don't know any of the players, but I fail to see how the owner's hypothetical willingness (or lack thereof) to give back the excess that he charged the woman, would have any impact on his character, if he was willing to overcharge her in the first place.

Most shoplifters would be happy to return the stolen goods if you catch them on the way out, that doesn't undo the fact that what they did was both wrong and illegal.

The store owner did nothing illegal (unless he routinely charges different prices based on the race, age or gender of the customers). It sounds like it was still wrong, though.

Personally, I like to go to shops where I know that I can relax, because I don't need to be constantly alert for them ripping me off. American Arms & Ammo is one good shop, where I don't need to count my change or check the headstamps of the ammo in the boxes, or worry that the good deal I got is because the gun won't work; because I know they won't try to pull anything shady. Their prices won't vary based on how gullible or uninformed the next customer through the door appears.

BTW, I think your earlier use of "running your mouth before you try to get it straightened out" was inappropriate. What due diligence do you perform prior to posting here? Factually reporting what he knows to be true, is acceptable behavior, he's not required to run experiments before posting.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

Who cares if he went to talk to him. Its really not about the 5$ or a "grumpy hubby" (kind of classless to insinuate hes a grumpy guy whos wife is afraid of him isnt it ?).

I wouldnt shop anywhere that disrespected my girlfriend or wife like that either.

(Lackawanna County)

You said you spent your fair share of money in there. Do you think he was giving you deal? Does he know that you and your wife are working for the same cause? lol I thought it was that he over charged a woman, ussally its backwards, the female goes in and she gets the great service and deals.

Go back in with your wife & look around and say hunny grab some primers and hand her 45 dollars...have her say there 50 and look at him....and go from there.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast