Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The growing Draco family

So the new Mini Draco excites me very much. Regardless of utility, the coolness factor is off the scale. I am now hearing rumors that Century may release a Draco Micro as well, which would be even smaller. As absurd as that sounds, I've seen lots of pics online of custom draco pistols that have been shrunk down to ridiculous proportions. What do you guys think about these smaller Draco's? Also, as there currently is no foregrip aftermarket for the mini dracos, how do you think that small front handguard holds up to heat? I know that the foregrip on my full sized Yugo gets mighty hot in a hurry when I'm shooting, so I'm wondering how the wood foregrip on the mini Draco holds up to heat? I'm especially curious since adding a front foregrip would not be possibly unless the AOW tax stamp is acquired. What say you?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: The growing Draco family

Sounds like a job for the fire glove

Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Last Resort View Post
    So the new Mini Draco excites me very much. Regardless of utility, the coolness factor is off the scale. I am now hearing rumors that Century may release a Draco Micro as well, which would be even smaller. As absurd as that sounds, I've seen lots of pics online of custom draco pistols that have been shrunk down to ridiculous proportions. What do you guys think about these smaller Draco's? Also, as there currently is no foregrip aftermarket for the mini dracos, how do you think that small front handguard holds up to heat? I know that the foregrip on my full sized Yugo gets mighty hot in a hurry when I'm shooting, so I'm wondering how the wood foregrip on the mini Draco holds up to heat? I'm especially curious since adding a front foregrip would not be possibly unless the AOW tax stamp is acquired. What say you?
    I love my mini. I've only shot 20-40 rounds at a time, and haven't had any issues with it getting too hot - but I can see it getting there if you're really burning through some ammo. My largest fear is blowing off my left thumb ! With the "hot dog bun" type foregrip, its very easy to grab the grip, and have your thumb flop in front of the barrel a bit because the barrel is basically not much longer than the grip ! I keep repeating thumb, thumb, thumb before I shoot - lol. Let us know if you hear anything more about the micro, I'll have to add that to the collection if it comes out

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I My largest fear is blowing off my left thumb ! With the "hot dog bun" type foregrip, its very easy to grab the grip, and have your thumb flop in front of the barrel a bit because the barrel is basically not much longer than the grip ! I keep repeating thumb, thumb, thumb before I shoot - lol.

Smart man. Keeping your thumbs sounds like a good idea.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

So I guess this is what we're talking about?

Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    So I guess this is what we're talking about?

Now that is pure coolness.. I love that palm grip. Anyone know where to get that palm grip?

If a micro Draco pistol hits the market I would buy one.

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Allegheny County)

There was a company that made these years ago. Let me see if I can find them.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    There was a company that made these years ago. Let me see if I can find them.
    Awesome, thanks..

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TTR View Post
    Now that is pure coolness.. I love that palm grip. Anyone know where to get that palm grip?

If a micro Draco pistol hits the market I would buy one.
    thats rediculous imo. I suppose its cool that you would be able to see the projectile sticking out of the barrel when a round is chambered. Then when you fire it, you could hear the bullet cart wheeling down the range

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    thats rediculous imo. I suppose its cool that you would be able to see the projectile sticking out of the barrel when a round is chambered. Then when you fire it, you could hear the bullet cart wheeling down the range
    Your response is rediculous imho and full of negativity. To say the projectile would be sticking out of the barrel is nonsense, and to think this weapon was designed for any down range capabilities at all is purely rediculous.

This weapon is designed for coolness so let us have our fun.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast