Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Bump Stock ban Rule in Place

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I hate to break it to you guys, but there is more to life than guns.
    True, but I haven't seen much else improve for me or even change. Money is my other issue and I'm not seeing an improvement. I still have ridiculous insurance rates caused by the Obamacare debacle and I don't know if the taxes are a win, loss, or push for me yet. It's looking like it might be a loss though.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    True, but I haven't seen much else improve for me or even change. Money is my other issue and I'm not seeing an improvement. I still have ridiculous insurance rates caused by the Obamacare debacle and I don't know if the taxes are a win, loss, or push for me yet. It's looking like it might be a loss though.
    I'm not smart enough or maybe I'm just too damn lazy(probably both) to figure out the taxes thing. I have friends telling me it won't amount to much more than a withholding change... for instance I get more per paycheck but my tax returns are going to be less than I am accustomed to? I guess it won't be long until I know for sure
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I'm not smart enough or maybe I'm just too damn lazy(probably both) to figure out the taxes thing. I have friends telling me it won't amount to much more than a withholding change... for instance I get more per paycheck but my tax returns are going to be less than I am accustomed to? I guess it won't be long until I know for sure
    I see my accountant in February. I guess I'll know for sure then, but it's looking like a push at best for me.

Hate to break it to you, but when push comes to shove, the bully picks on the guy who cant fight back.

Holocaust_pictures%u00252B%u002525282%u00252529.jpg
    Last edited by spacemanvic; January 4th, 2019 at 12:37 AM.
    Hold the Line...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobGun View Post
    What I want to know is what has he done to support the 2nd. Nothing. The Hearing Protection Act and Nation Concealed Carry laws died. He promised us that the 2nd would be defended by him and the first chance he gets he stabs gun owners in the back. He has Bump Stocks banned and then he supports Red Flag Laws both of which steal gun owners property without due process.
    My bet is it can get worse if he wants a “win” in any deals with the left. This is where the Repub senate - including RINO Casey - will have to be relied on.

He is a New Yawker with zero background in a gun culture, the 2A meant shit to him after the election.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

My phone didnt stop ringing this past year, work has never been this good for me.
    As for healthcare, I still dont have it and probably never will. Thanks, hussein.

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but when push comes to shove, the bully picks on the guy who cant fight back.

That'll never happen in our lifetime. Just getting tired of the people jumping ship.
    Seems like a lot of members would rather have hussein back in power, all the bitching
    they do about trump. Not this member, I'll stick with him through thick and thin.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    My bet is it can get worse if he wants a “win” in any deals with the left. This is where the Repub senate - including RINO Casey - will have to be relied on.

He is a New Yawker with zero background in a gun culture, the 2A meant shit to him after the election.
    When did Casey change parties? Last I knew he was a D!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Chester County)

The Senate is where hearing protection and national reciprocity died, not his desk. He said he would sign them, I can't say for sure weather he would have or not. They never had the votes in the Senate to even get that far. I blame them for that and voters not giving us better senators.

His views on the Red Flagg stuff is disconcerting and he definitely dicked us on the bump stock ban. I'll hold him accountable for those. He better help the fight with the demoncrats holding the house now or he's lost my vote totally. I'm on the fence as it is.

It could be and would be under Hilda Beast. I voted for the man on the issue of guns and he's been lackluster at best, detrimental at worst so far. The only thing we've actually gotten is two halfway decent scotus picks. That's not supporting gun owners, except by default. I think we have a right and an obligation to hold his orange feet to the fire.
    Seems to me if Trump pushed HPA and National Reciprocity half as hard as he pushed bump stocks, he could have made something happen. Bottom line is he didn't.

(Chester County)

That is very true, and all things need to be put into proper perspective as you suggest. However, in my experience, when politicians start moving in an anti-2nd direction, its not long before many other things start moving in bad directions also. When it comes to politics, guns is a litmus test for me. If a politician supports my right to own and carry firearms, he/she is very likely to support other concepts I hold dearly like lower taxes, less government, more freedom, etc. The reverse is also generally true.

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast