Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default Looking for specific SAA style revolver

I'm looking for a Colt SAA style that has a blued frame, blued barrel, brass backstrap, and brass trigger guard.

I've looked at Uberti, Chapparal, Taylor's and Cimmaron guns and it seems that they make every variation except that one.

The closest I can find is Uberti making a matte black frame and barrel with brass backstrap and triggerguard but the matte black just looks horrible and cheap imo or one with a case hardened frame.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Looking for specific SAA style revolver

USFA Makes case hardened frame models as does Beretta.

If the finish on the Uberti is not what you are looking for, what about having it blued by a local smith? (assuming the frame is steel)

There were brass backstraps/trigger guards made for the Ruger pistols, might be tough to find though is that would even interest you.

Last option is Doug Turnbull Restorations, I'm sure he could make up what you want starting with the Uberti, he does original style bone case hardening as well as charcoal and rust and hot bluing.

Good luck.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    USFA Makes case hardened frame models as does Beretta.

If the finish on the Uberti is not what you are looking for, what about having it blued by a local smith? (assuming the frame is steel)

There were brass backstraps/trigger guards made for the Ruger pistols, might be tough to find though is that would even interest you.

Last option is Doug Turnbull Restorations, I'm sure he could make up what you want starting with the Uberti, he does original style bone case hardening as well as charcoal and rust and hot bluing.

Good luck.
    I didn't want a case hardened frame, but all the manufacturers have those. I wanted a blued frame with brass trigger guard and backstrap but no one that I can see makes one, even the higher end guys like USFA or Colt. Not even Ruger, Heritage, or Beretta either.

USFA is way out of my price range too.

I really don't want to spend money on a pistol and then pay extra money to send it in for re-finishing. If anything, I'd either just settle for a case hardened frame with brass trigger guard and backstrap or blued frame with blued trigger guard and backstrap.

(Indiana County)

Oh, guess I didn't read your post correctly, it looked like you would accept a case hardened frame as a last resort.

Anyway, not knowing what caliber you are after and with limited funds you might be stuck to finding one of the brass/blue Rugers, IIRC, they were made in .357 & .45LC Blackhawks and .44M Super Blackhawks.

I believe the grip frame was also sold as an after market item, don't remember by whom though.

Sorry, I just figured that if you got a Uberti for the average price of around $300/$350, then another $100 or so to blue it might be an option, guess not, sorry I couldn't help.