Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

(Butler County)

Default Racism

On Saturday, I went out to Greensburg for the gun show. I didn't get any guns, but I did purchase a spotting scope, some .223 clips, and an OKC-3S bayonet. Later that day, I was having a conversation with my mother and she asked me what I was doing out in Greensburg. When I mentioned that I bought a bayonet, she became concerned.

Mom: "I've noticed that you've been buying a lot of guns and knives lately." I don't have a lot of weapons. I have a Ruger 10/22, a Hi-Point 995, an AR-15, a KA-BAR, and the new bayonet. "Have you been getting involved in any racist organizations?"
    Me: "What?!"
    Mom: "Well, there are some people that buy lots of guns because they are racist and they may use their guns against a different race."
    Me: "Mom, I'm a firearms owner, not a lunatic. I don't see how firearm ownership is a sign of racism."
    Mom: "I'm not accusing you of anything. I just wanted to ask and make sure."

At this point, I decided to keep my mouth shut and not pursue it. I've learned that conversations with my mother about any aspect of my personal philosophy will usually lead to her getting offended and angry. My mother has said some crazy things in the past, but this is a new one. She probably thinks that I hate black people because I voted for Palin/McCain.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Racism

I have a German mother and she has a German mother. Good grief they are stubborn and never forget a misdeed.

But I'm a little older than you and we've found our way. Actually seen some yielding from the Matriarchs. Of course, after I “came around” and spent years of yielding first Seems once they lost power over me I became more accommodating and they became more reasonable, for different reasons. I'll never change their minds but they will tolerate some of my eccentricities

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaProgrammer View Post
    She probably thinks that I hate black people because I voted for Palin/McCain.
    According to the far left, that is all it takes to brand one a racist. Welcome to the club.

(Butler County)

I probably shouldn't be all that surprised since my mother is a liberal lunatic, but I just can't understand the idea that there is a connection between firearms and racism. Can someone please explain this to me? For the sake of peace within the family, I won't ask my mother to explain it. I've learned that there are times that I need to keep my mouth shut.

A lot of liberals seem to think all stereotyping is dirty pool, except when it comes to those who support the 2nd Amendment.

(Monroe County)

JavaProgrammer, assuming that you're jewish because of your avatar, why would your mother even ask this question? The Jews have been one of, if not the most, oppressed, genocided, exiled ethnic people in human history. Any good Jew should understand the necessity of protection for themselves and their family. Furthermore in some places(Israel), they should understand the necessity for their people as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Philadelphia County)

I probably shouldn't be all that surprised since my mother is a liberal lunatic, but I just can't understand the idea that there is a connection between firearms and racism. Can someone please explain this to me? For the sake of peace within the family, I won't ask my mother to explain it. I've learned that there are times that I need to keep my mouth shut.
    Google for anything gun related and you'll occasionally see stormfront.org appear in the top hits. In fact stormfront is full of gun talk (I don't like that site polluting my browser cache, but you can verify this from Google).

Most gun owners are not racist, of course. I don't even know if most casual racists are gun owners. But there seems to be a connection between racist organizations and firearms enthusiasm.

As I say to non-gun people, shooting is a martial art much like any other. There is a minority contingent of douchebags, bullies, dojo (range) tough guys, and general asshats. But there's more honest people who just want to learn skills that can keep them safe and enjoy the sport. Anyone who has done any martial art instantly knows what I'm talking about, but they don't make the connection because of how popular culture treats the practice of shooting and those who do it.

100 percent correct. I have a VERY hard time trying to convince people that combat shooting IS a martial art, and that we have Jeff Cooper and friends to thank for defensive handgun use as we know it today. BTW- RIP Jack Weaver.

(Butler County)

Just to clarify, I am not Jewish. My faith is Christian and my ancestry is German and Irish. I have chosen my avatar because I support Israel and its fight against terrorism. Also, my avatar selection was partly a response to thatJeffguy's racism in this thread: http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/6...-dc-today.html

(Philadelphia County)

Just to clarify, I am not Jewish. My faith is Christian and my ancestry is German and Irish. I have chosen my avatar because I support Israel and its fight against terrorism. Also, my avatar selection was partly a response to thatJeffguy's racism in this thread: http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/6...-dc-today.html
    Unfortunate that your mom would take the attitude she does when you are clearly being part of the solution.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast