Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Obama and the Gun Nuts

Your comment was very well stated, FA.

To read this drivel from the ever-partisan NYT is infuriating. They continue to run cover for this administration by printing this side type of ridiculously slanted "Opinion piece". Where is the opposing view?...and I don't mean Chuck Schumer or Carolyn Macarthy.

No truce with traitors or with their lackeys in the press!

You are right. Governments have no souls. They also have a nasty habit of turning against their own people and killing them by the millions.

cgk, are you really serious that there might be anything to discuss on a gun forum about this kind of slanted piece? If you have followed the scandal known as Gun-Walker or Fast and Furious, you might have a little more of a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by ForwardAssist View Post
    Sure, we'll declare a truce.

The very next day after a "free man" can travel on any American public highway without needing a desktop legal reference to be sure he complies with the stipulations placed upon his 2A "RIGHTS" by the government HE CREATED TO WORK FOR HIM, not against him.

Until that day, when the government respects all of the rights of the individual, and not just those they hold convenient or popular, the Constitution will remain but a fleeting illusion to be held aloft as an intoxicant against the people. A hollow proof of something which doesn't exist, or exists only conditionally. As if that which we created should have the power to dominate us, to determine the terms and conditions of our self defense. Bullshit, I say. Government's have no souls.

(Pike County)

I got some serious brain damage from reading those comments....
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Philadelphia County)

I read it. It's a typical left wing so called newspaper opinion hit article. If you think the nit wit who wrote the piece has any credibility, then there is something wrong with you. Or you are some kind of liberal spy on this site, attempting to promote a democrat and/or liberal agenda. Newspapers, as well as ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN are all liberal and promote left wing liberal policies. All the people who work in a backroom capacity, who write the stories for the on air anchors are liberals too. The camera operators, secretaries and the people who operate the printing machines which produce the newspapers are also liberals. Water carriers for failed policies of the Democratic Party. This is why there is no opposing point of view. An opposing point of view is not welcome among liberals. Liberals always say they welcome opinions from everyone. However, if you disagree, your opinion is not welcome. They think they are the smartest people on earth. When actually they are not and you'll never convince them otherwise.

(Allegheny County)

He repealed the law that allowed me to drive through Valley Forge National Park while carrying to visit my dying Grandfather. PA SR23 goes right through the park, yet you could not carry a firearm through that park because of Obama.

Yet, the Constitution says "Not infringed"

Quote Originally Posted by offshorebear View Post
    He repealed the law that allowed me to drive through Valley Forge National Park while carrying to visit my dying Grandfather. PA SR23 goes right through the park, yet you could not carry a firearm through that park because of Obama.
    Actually you couldn't carry in National Parks for over 20 years because of Reagan.

(Allegheny County)

I was born after Regan. In history class, he spent way too much money. LOL; that's where we are now.

(Allegheny County)

I agree that Obama has not taken any direct legislative action against gun rights. However, I still believe he would support infringments on the Second Amendment if he could politically afford to do so. This is the "stealth threat" that the article dismisses. However, I believe there is ample evidence that the claim is true, specifically his comments to Sarah Brady about working on gun control "under the radar" and his stated support for the Assault Weapons Ban.

It's pretty clear that the only reason Obama is not calling for gun control is because it would be political suicide to do so. I have no doubt that he would infringe on our rights if he thought he could get away with it.

(Montgomery County)

Though Obama hasn't openly spoke against gun owners, his actions speak louder than his words. Case in point, the two Supreme Court Justices he nominated have pushed anti-2a agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by offshorebear View Post
    I was born after Regan. In history class, he spent way too much money. LOL; that's where we are now.
    And there's that whole Iran-Contra thingy, where the Reagan administration;

1)Defied a direct congressional mandate which forbade them any form of involvement with the Nicaraguan rebels.

2)Paid Barry Seal to set up the front company, "Rich Mountain Aviation", in a hangar at Mena, AK.

3)Gave Seal a Hercules C-123 Provider which was CIA owned.

4)Paid CIA front company, "Iver-Johnson", to manufacture unmarked AR lowers and other components.

4)Paid Seal to fly the illegal weapons and components south to Ilopango Airport in San Salvador.

5)At Ilopango, had Seal load his company's aircraft with palletized and parachute equipped pallets of pure cocaine.

5)Paid RMA to perform low altitude airdrops in remote areas across the US, in order to disperse the drugs to waiting accomplices.

6)Gave the cocaine on consignment to dealers like "Freeway Rick Ross", who cooked it into crack cocaine and sold it on the streets of our country.

7)Allegedly, had similar operations in Chicago, New Orleans, and Miami, among other cites.

But hey, Reagan is a great American. And Oliver North is a national hero.

Hell, call it a national blue print for Gun Walker. Only this time let's suppress the part about allowing the Sinaloa Federation access to Chicago, which is why I believe they want to seal the case.

"X is what percentage of Y?" Divide the first number by the second, multiply the answer by 100. Add a percent sign. Think.

(Lancaster County)

It's a useful insight into the mindset of those opposed to us. They're not concerned with safety. It's cultural hate.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast