Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Unhappy PHILADELPHIA ARCHERY & GUN CLUB

what happened to this place? I did a google search and pulled up a suicide attempt there earlier this year. I was told by the firing Line that PAGC is now referring people to them. PAGC is not allowing past users to use the range unless they pass a new safety class, but then they say the classes are full. Anyone else with a similar experience? Why is PAGC is refusing to allow people, even past customers, to use their range?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PHILADELPHIA ARCHERY & GUN CLUB

Did you call them and ask them?

(Delaware County)

It's in Philly. That place is a rathouse.

PS. Don't carry loaded in the store - you need to unload outside the door, pointing your muzzle at a shitty little sand bucket in the vestibule. Fuck them.

(Philadelphia County)

How long has this been going on and can you verify it? I shot there two weeks ago without any problems and brought a first time shooter with me. I've never taken a class through them so they have no idea what my training is.

They are sometimes a pain in the arse though. I was asking about having a online purchase shipped there for the transfer and they wouldn't give me a straight answer. The older gentleman kept saying I'd need to check with them before I had it shipped. That's what I was trying to do... a little bizzaro world sometimes.

(Philadelphia County)

i went there a few days ago. They told me no one is allowed to shoot there anymore w/o one of their safety classes. then i called back to schedule a safety class and was told none available til january, and I should go to the Firing Line. are they selectively refusing customers?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by pretzelman View Post
    i went there a few days ago. They told me no one is allowed to shoot there anymore w/o one of their safety classes. then i called back to schedule a safety class and was told none available til january, and I should go to the Firing Line. are they selectively refusing customers?
    Interesting. I'm supposed to take another friend there in a couple weeks. Wonder if he'll be able to shoot. I'll update this if I find out anything new.

(Philadelphia County)

todd- i appreciate your quick reply. they lost their open parking lot and it is now difficult to find open street parking there. the Firing Line told me they are now getting people referred from PAGC.

(Montgomery County)

I was considering this place for a membership since I have a few friends who shoot Bows. But I remember shooting here a few years ago and cannot for the life of me remember any actual separate archery range. Do they have one?

I am heavily leaning towards the other place, at the old Colisimo's location, since I would soon burn through the savings on the 99 dollar membership special by buying their ammo and if they don't have an archery range then it makes even less sense for me.

(Philadelphia County)

Great, the only place in the city that allowed rifles and now you have to jump through hoops just to use the range?

(Delaware County)

Thumbs down Re: PHILADELPHIA ARCHERY & GUN CLUB

I stopped in to look a round last week. I like how some of the priced are not mark with the price. Screw them Im not unloading my gun for nobody. I won't be going back.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast