This is a story my dad likes to tell about the Moose they almost had. To me its the moose that had them!

In northern Quebec one day dad and an few of my uncles went moose hunting and they found a nice one, or should I say a nice one found them!
Dad pulled up his 35 remington he was so proud of, and shot the big ol thing. The way he says it, fell right there! so they go up on the moose and figure celebration time!

My Uncles and my dad put their guns on the mooses rack to take a celebration picture. Just as they get ready to take the picture, the moose woke up from the knock out shot to an antler. Thats right the Beast went right down because it was hit in an antler and knocked him out!

Problem now was that they are all around this animal larger then a horse and meaner then a bull with quite the head ache and 4 trophee guns on its rack!
No one thought of checking to see where the bullet hit or if the beast was dead!
As the story was told to me when i was quite young, I could not appreciate how strong a moose can be, but a decent sized moose will turn over a pickup with out a problem.
Aparently finding the guns was guite some thing as the moose took off in the trees and knocked the guns off as he was escaping. The picture was never taken, but who would come home bragging about this and show broken up guns as proof if it dint happen?