Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Transfer of Vietnam era Select Fire rifle

I would want to look inside to see if all the parts are there. Could it have been changed to semi-auto? Photo, M16A1 with correct parts. Would it be a legal semi auto if the auto sear is missing??
    Last edited by 243winxb; August 2nd, 2015 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added Would,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

(Luzerne County)

Once a machine gun , always a machine gun, parts, no parts. The receiver is the registered part. The rest of the gun is just parts.....
    You don't have enough guns untill you don't know how many you have.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunplummer View Post
    If that was the case every M1 Carbine would be considered an M2. Just like the carbine, the M-14 was a bolt on affair for select fire.
    Not necessarily..... Remember the rule is once a machine gun always a machine gun. So any carbine receiver marked M2 (which was originally built as a fully auto) is banned. Even if all of the auto parts are removed. Similarly a semi auto M1 that was converted at any time to full auto is considered a machine gun from that time forward. Again even if you put the original parts back on its still banned. How the feds know or prove what happened to a semi auto receiver in the last 70 years during arsenal rebuilds is a mystery.

A standard semi auto M1 was never a machinegun and is legal to own. It can even have some M2 parts (but NOT all). But be careful, if you have ALL of the conversion parts AND a M1 carbine you can be charged with having a machinegun. It doesn't have to be assembled. It is interesting that none of the conversion parts are regulated and you can even have all of them IF you don't have a M1 carbine.
    Last edited by Delkal; August 2nd, 2015 at 01:17 PM.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Very suspicious to me. I spent 18 months in Nam before being wounded and sent home. I saw many Marines come and go. I never saw any Marine come or go home with his rifle or pistol. A few of us, me included, did manage to appropriate our K-bars. I am 73. I was sent home at the end of 2015. I was 23 years old. On another note, if it is true, he stole the rifle, and you will be taking possession of property stolen from the US Government. A K-bar is one thing, but an M16 is a bit more serious.
    I can tell you how alot of illegal things got back to the states, body bangs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345