Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Weird PICS response

So I'm in the middle of a rifle purchase. My FFL starts my check. We wait 2 hours and didn't get a response, so we went home. I came back the next day and I got "APPROVED - CALL". Naturally, my FFL can't get through on the phone (busy). Now I'm stuck. Obviously I'm approved, but they can't complete the transfer. Anyone ever see this?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Weird PICS response

Quote Originally Posted by jenkins1967 View Post
    So I'm in the middle of a rifle purchase. My FFL starts my check. We wait 2 hours and didn't get a response, so we went home. I came back the next day and I got "APPROVED - CALL". Naturally, my FFL can't get through on the phone (busy). Now I'm stuck. Obviously I'm approved, but they can't complete the transfer. Anyone ever see this?
    No I have never seen this. I have never seen the strong possibility of PICS shutting down due to a virus either. Wuffs exec order shutting down all nonessential businesses could effect our own insta check system
    I have a private trans fee appt tomorrow???

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    I have a private trans fee appt tomorrow???
    Good luck with that. My FFL just told me he has seen more than one come back this way. Again, if you can't get through on the phone, now what?

(Berks County)

im figuring my transfer today may not happen with pics being hammered.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by jenkins1967 View Post
    Probably wanting to know how the FFL is open. There are a few that are part of businesses that are allowed to be open. There are a lot more that are supposed to be closed. I'm sure they're gathering the info for later fines if they aren't supposed to be open.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

This was all before the latest "everybody must close" announcement.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Probably wanting to know how the FFL is open. There are a few that are part of businesses that are allowed to be open. There are a lot more that are supposed to be closed. I'm sure they're gathering the info for later fines if they aren't supposed to be open.
    According to PennLive Wolf stated that he intends to enforce the close order Saturday 12:01 AM. ( 03/21/202)

Using his authority under an emergency declaration, Wolf made this mandate and intends to begin enforcing this order starting at 12:01 a.m. Saturday.
    https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/0...-to-close.html

So whether or not they can criminally charge anyone for being open today is questionable.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    According to PennLive Wolf stated that he intends to enforce the close order Saturday 12:01 AM. ( 03/21/202)

So whether or not they can criminally charge anyone for being open today is questionable.
    Correct, but a PICS operator could read a prepared response to warn a dealer that unless they fall in the narrow window of places like Smithgall's then their business should already be closed.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Centre County)

If the check was being done by ePICS and there was a delay in the approval, the message, via ePICS would be notifying the FFL to call to get the approval number. But they ar very busy and it could take a while of constantly redialing to get through.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post

I was at a local FFL today and it was a zoo. They had 2 lines; one for guns and one for ammo. They allowed 2 ammo purchasers in at a time. You got in the door, told them what you want, and were instructed to stay there while they got your ammo. You were immediately taken care of at a dedicated cash register. I have enough ammo, but Ms Grip had decided she needed more ammo for a gun she likes. I was able to get what I needed in a little more than a half hour of wasted time. The gun line was way longer and very slow moving. There was some sort of card system for people whose PICS approval had been delayed from prior days, and they were being shuffled with the "new gun" people. It was all pretty calm and orderly. There were 2 State Police cars stationed there, and everyone was yukking it up on how stupid that was, as any real trouble was unlikely there as it would be taken care of before the police could put down their donuts.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast