Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good price?

(Delaware County)

Default Good price?

Thinking about selling both of my Glocks to finance a 1911 style carry gun what do you think is a good price for the following...

Glock 27 with LaserMax internal laser site two 9 round mags one with finger grip extension the other factory glock, speed loader, Foubus swivel hip holster, original Glock case and owners manual, original LaserMax box with instructions. Finish is almost perfect no holster wear. Used very little. Functions perfectly.

I'm thinking 570$Or a tad lower if need be.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Good price?

It sells for less brand new.But again,the Lasermax for it is worth about $260.
    LEGUM SERVI SUMUS UT LIBERI ESSE POSSIMUS

(Schuylkill County)

thats probably at the high end but you might get it 'cuz of the lazor sight. good call on the 1911 they are the best IMHO for combat and defensive carry, i trust my life my clients life and the life of my family to the 1911 only.

(Delaware County)

Where are you getting a Lasermax for 260$? I figure 540-550$ is a good price for the whole package. A brand new 27 goes about 475 plus tax and check.

(Erie County)

Smile Re: Good price?

Right here http://www.opticsplanet.net/lasermax...k-pistols.html I figured $260 only because your LaserMax is not factory new.$470 brand new Glock + $295 brand new LaserMax brings it up to $765 + S&H and other expenses.I say $570 or so, with the extras is a decent deal.I'd offer you $550 but I can't afford to buy it right now,I just got a new pistol,and my boss/wife might kick me out.I apologize if I offended you somehow.
    Last edited by KIGY; March 13th, 2007 at 11:49 AM.
    LEGUM SERVI SUMUS UT LIBERI ESSE POSSIMUS

(Philadelphia County)

You might want to sell them separately. There's a lot of people out there who already own a glock and want a laser or want a Glock but don't want to pay extra for the laser.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by K31 View Post
    Thinking about selling both of my Glocks to finance a 1911 style carry gun
    What made you decide to sell your Glocks for a 1911? Bad move IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    thats probably at the high end but you might get it 'cuz of the lazor sight. good call on the 1911 they are the best IMHO for combat and defensive carry, i trust my life my clients life and the life of my family to the 1911 only.
    What's your basis for this, other than what they say in "American Handgunner"? Is it the comfort in having less than half of the rounds in a fully loaded 1911 I do in my fully loaded G19, or is it the slower follow up shots and heavier recoil?
    Last edited by JustinM; March 13th, 2007 at 03:22 PM.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    What made you decide to sell your Glocks for a 1911? Bad move IMHO.

What's your basis for this, other than what they say in "American Handgunner"? Is it the comfort in having less than half of the rounds in a fully loaded 1911 I do in my fully loaded G19, or is it the slower follow up shots and heavier recoil?
    Oh yay, how exciting, another Glock VS 1911 thread drift! How awesome...or not. I don't think the OP was looking for this level of discussion, but then again, I could be wrong.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    or is it the slower follow up shots and heavier recoil?

buddy, not everybody shoots a 1911 as badly as you apparently do

It doesn't matter how many rounds you have, or what caliber and gun you are carrying. it matters how many times you hit your opponent.

I know guys with revolvers that will smack the crap out of auto carrying guys, and vice versus, same with glock/hk/1911/BHP/whatever.

time on target in the kill zone is the goal.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    buddy, not everybody shoots a 1911 as badly as you apparently do

It doesn't matter how many rounds you have, or what caliber and gun you are carrying. it matters how many times you hit your opponent.

I know guys with revolvers that will smack the crap out of auto carrying guys, and vice versus, same with glock/hk/1911/BHP/whatever.
    I can actually shoot a 1911 pretty well, believe it or not, I've actually owned 2 of them. They;re nice guns, I just wouldn't trust my life on them.

Ok, so thost guys with revolvers can shoot paper better than some, big deal. How would a guy with a revlover, do against 2 or even 3 attackers? Good luck with that. Send that guy to a FoF class and have 3 people attack him.

But shooting at a target at a range is completely different than shooting at a human that's trying to attack you, unless the attacker stands completely still, 7yards away and waits for you to squeeze off that perfect shot. That guy might shoot 2 or 3 shots with his 1911 or revolver, or any gun for that matter before he even hits the target under stress, which is why more rounds in your carry gun = better. And it DOES matter how many rounds you have. More rounds in your gun = more bullets down range = more hits on target = good. You also have to practice to be able to hit your opponent (take some classes). How much is 1000 rounds of 45 compared to 9mm? I can shoot 1000 rounds out of my 9mm for less than $90.00, which allows me to train more. I was just trying to get his opinion on why he ONLY trusts 1911s. It just sounded very amatuer IMO. I'm sure his only reason for trusting a 1911 is something like "it's a bigger bullet" and "Clint Smith says so". I don't care what you carry, as long as you train with it, and if you can afford to train with your 45, or 10mm as much as I do with my 9mm, then you have more money than you know what to do with.
    Last edited by JustinM; March 13th, 2007 at 04:12 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast