Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: At Home FFL?

(Philadelphia County)

Default At Home FFL?

I came across this while surfing the net today. Anyone know anything about this or have any ideas to the legality of it? It's only $29 so I might give it a try to see what it's all about, just wanted to know if anyone has any comments about it first.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: At Home FFL?

You could try getting one, but the BATFE frowns on it and usually will not issue a FFL for the home and only for a regular store front bus.

They started "culling" the home FFL herd back in 1993 by refusing to issue new licenses and by cancelling renewals. This not an Internet myth, I know this from personal experiance and from others.

A local guy tried to get one just to sell at the gun shows and when they refused he opened up a small shop with an inventory that he pulled out of the store to take to gun shows on weekends.

(Luzerne County)

i wonder how they feel about some of the shops who have begun doing business from the internet.

i had heard of one dealer who closed his doors to only deal on the internet.

(Bucks County)

so what are the chances that the BATF will issue these home-based FFl's? I have never heard of this, and seems like plenty of people would want to take advantage of this (if interested in extra cash).

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyshooter View Post
    I came across this while surfing the net today. Anyone know anything about this or have any ideas to the legality of it? It's only $29 so I might give it a try to see what it's all about, just wanted to know if anyone has any comments about it first.
    You can't and here is why:

Yes, these are the originals printed at Leavenworth Prison
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dragonofpa; January 6th, 2008 at 06:59 PM.

(Luzerne County)

I think the ATF eased up a bit with small biz FFL guys. I know a few guys with FFLs that run it out of their house/property. One even has hours by appointment only.

A few years back the changed the rules (and upped the fees) and many of the little guys were squeezed out. There seems to be somewhat of a comeback now.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyshooter View Post
    All th einfo you are paying $29.00 for is freely available on the 'net or from BATF themselves.

Unless you live in the boon-toolies and can get the local yokels to give you the zoning variance to run a commercial venture from home - you can forget the home FFL. You can stuff dead critters at home, stuff Tupperware or Amway boxes at home, do folks taxes and CPA work from home - but heaven forbid if you try to run an FFL from home.

Klinton did this to kill off all of us evil kitchen table dealers.

EDIT: That is; he made BATF require zoning proof, making them into zoning enforcement officers, while in past years they didn't care, just as long as ALL THE FED-level laws were complied with.

And all these changes came about due to - IIRC - a "kitchen table dealer" either in Chicago or Philly that didn't bother to keep books or 4473's on all the handguns he sold in the 'hood...

How cool is that? Call up SOG or J&G, get a box of legal "crack" delivered to your door, then sell at the corner - all the while ignoring whitey's ATF laws about paper and background checks and that.

It was a recovered crime gun that got traced thru the foodchain that finally caught up with old Tyrone. Turned out that Tyrone or Leroy or whatever the Obama-voters name was had sold HUNDREDS of handguns this way.
    Last edited by nfafan; January 7th, 2008 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonofpa View Post
    You can't and here is why:

Yes, these are the originals printed at Leavenworth Prison
    I really dont know where you get leavenworth from, but here he where you would go to get the forms sent to you.

https://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm As for kitchen table FFL, yes they exist, and one might even say there are a few here.

If you are doing it only to not pay the $25 ~ fee, your fooling yourself, the paperwork i hear is a biach, not to mention you need to keep records of all your transactions.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

My father ran a firearm business from the house since 1985. About 1989 the ATF gave him the run around when his license needed renewed but they did do it and he ran it until the day he passed away in Jan.2006. I ran the business under his license # until March 2007 when it expired. When the ATF came out they went over all alarm systems in the house and all the paperwork and they were fine with me doing business out of that location but when they check with the township, the township said the location was not zone right ( zoned RB) and I can't run the gun shop from there. So that is something you have to check in on also. Also the ATF was shocked that the county didn't give me a harder time when I got that license changed also. These are the licenses that I needed; FFL, State Sales Tax Account, Allegheny County license, Township permit, and you have to get the P.I.C. with the State Police set up. So it isn't as easy as people think!!! And if anyone of those don't go through you are done.
    Tom

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    I really dont know where you get leavenworth from, but here he where you would go to get the forms sent to you.

https://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm As for kitchen table FFL, yes they exist, and one might even say there are a few here.

If you are doing it only to not pay the $25 ~ fee, your fooling yourself, the paperwork i hear is a biach, not to mention you need to keep records of all your transactions.
    The application for FFL (Form 7) is printed in the Leavenworth Federal Prison printshop, by inmates. Ironic, isn't it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast