Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast

Default Re: Central PA Summer Shoot 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Same here, it would have been long and too hot of a day for me in my current condition. Now if we can get a central fall shoot together that would be a different story.
    My brother and I did do about 30 minutes of shooting at my house that day and the result of that just cost him $780 bucks for the AKV-9 is just purchased because of that 30 minutes.
    YES! Central fall!
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    YES! Central fall!
    YASSSSSSSSS!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lycoming County)

We lost the other range for the fall shoot a couple years ago. Used to do it in September. Only other fall one we did was November for the ungawa shoot. I don't like doing October because the pitt guys have the pumpkin shoot that month. I know how much personal effort Greg puts in to this one every summer and my schedule isn't conducive to helping out as much as when it first started. I feel bad I missed Friday set up this year and had to bail at 5:30 before clean up was completed. It would be a pretty big imposition to ask him to do another that way this year. If anyone wants to try and get something together, I can offer as much help as possible. This isn't something that is easy to accomplish. Believe me I've tried other places and things before. It was either too expensive to be feasible or to difficult logistically without a massive effort.

If anyone has any ideas I'm open to trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    We lost the other range for the fall shoot a couple years ago. Used to do it in September. Only other fall one we did was November for the ungawa shoot. I don't like doing October because the pitt guys have the pumpkin shoot that month. I know how much personal effort Greg puts in to this one every summer and my schedule isn't conducive to helping out as much as when it first started. I feel bad I missed Friday set up this year and had to bail at 5:30 before clean up was completed. It would be a pretty big imposition to ask him to do another that way this year. If anyone wants to try and get something together, I can offer as much help as possible. This isn't something that is easy to accomplish. Believe me I've tried other places and things before. It was either too expensive to be feasible or to difficult logistically without a massive effort.

If anyone has any ideas I'm open to trying though.
    Oh yeah for sure it's just a general desire, not looking to impose on Greg again. This is one of the reasons I keep looking for property in central north besides hiking and ATVing..., I would like to have shoots too haha.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Same here, it would have been long and too hot of a day for me in my current condition. Now if we can get a central fall shoot together that would be a different story.
    My brother and I did do about 30 minutes of shooting at my house that day and the result of that just cost him $780 bucks for the AKV-9 he just purchased because of that 30 minutes.
    Man, I wouldn't own half of what do if not for people shoving guns in my hand and saying "give it a try!"

Ohhhh... me likey!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

I gotta know more about this rifle! It looks like an FAL, but I’ve never seen a hand guard like that. Absolutely gorgeous, and my compliments to whichever gentleman owns it.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I gotta know more about this rifle! It looks like an FAL, but I’ve never seen a hand guard like that. Absolutely gorgeous, and my compliments to whichever gentleman owns it.

https://i.postimg.cc/y8W5qkbv/88-C75...4-EA6-C7-E.png
    G3 clone of some sort, possibly the Century made C308 with surplus G3 furniture.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/pro...-rifle-ri3320x
    Last edited by Hodgie; July 22nd, 2019 at 09:24 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post

That was mine, sorry I wasn't around long enough to let you try it.

It's a PTR91 GI Classic Wood.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    That was mine, sorry I wasn't around long enough to let you try it.

It's a PTR91 GI Classic Wood.
    The walnut furniture does dress them up nice. I have mine done up in A3 configuration so I never picked that up. And if Jhaydeno was there I missed him, I don't think he made it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    The walnut furniture does dress them up nice. I have mine done up in A3 configuration so I never picked that up. And if Jhaydeno was there I missed him, I don't think he made it.
    Ah, I didn't make it deep down to the other end. Wasn't sure if he was down there.

To think I was stupid enough to want the green furniture when I bought that. I always associated OD green furniture with the G3 (as the G3A3). I wanted that more at the time, but the wood was on sale for less so I got that one. Nowadays, surplus green furniture is cheap as peanuts. Wood furniture, on the other hand, costs hundreds.

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast