Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Any recommendations for a Ruger SR9c?

Over 2,000 rounds through my SR9c and counting! No problems! Accurate out to 50 feet, and I'm certainly no sniper!

Got mine for $395... $450 out the door. Let me spend more on ammo. I liked the feel in my hand over the Glock 19 and S&W MP9 and some others. It's slim. My wife has fired it and can handle it. Tried and true Ruger!

It comes with a 10 round and 17 round mag. The 17 round mag makes it feel like the full-sized SR9, but I find myself using the 10 round mags always with the finger extension. Trigger is really nice too.
    Last edited by CL3; July 24th, 2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Added trigger comment.

(Cumberland County)

Bought my mother one and i think it is an outstanding firearm. It has low-recoil and a fantastic trigger and is lightweight. You can definitely get one for way less than $500 though.

(Delaware County)

Another satisfied owner. This is my first and only handgun, and I bought it specifically to carry. Lost count of rounds down the pipe but at least 1500 without any failures. I CC it with the short mag and OC it with the extended mag. I have the one with the silver slide.

I did clean the striker channel when I got it, before I shot it first. I heard the thick packing grease they ship it with can mix with grime and gum up the striker - which will then cause light strikes.

The trigger is pretty good too. It's not a match target trigger, but for an out of the box job, its decent.

Definitely recommended.

(Northampton County)

My wife has one and seems to enjoy it. Has over 1200 rounds through it so far with no issues.

(Centre County)

+1 on the SR9c. It's a good gun. Accurate!
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

I have an SR9 and love it. Just feels right in the hand. My carry is currently a Kimber Ultra but I have been rethinking that because of the round count of the SR9. Hate the magazine disconnect though, especially on a carry gun. For the money, it simply cannot be beat.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    I have an SR9 and love it. Just feels right in the hand. My carry is currently a Kimber Ultra but I have been rethinking that because of the round count of the SR9. Hate the magazine disconnect though, especially on a carry gun. For the money, it simply cannot be beat.
    Mag disconnect can be removed. I removed mine after about 1-2 trips to the range. I kinda dislike the chamber loaded indicator, just because it hangs-up on re-holster. I have a leather OWB holster.

(Lycoming County)

I love mine. Have around 1600 rounds through it not 1 failure. It replaced a glock 23 ...glocks grips just dont fit my hand..better trigger than the glock, better sights(fully adjustable), grips great, about the thickness of a 1911 so relatively slim(noticably slimmer than the glocks).

I only cc(iwb only) with it in either a kydex or crossbreed holster. I never open carry dont believe in it. Very comfortable in either holster. I recomend the RMLowrider for kydex

mag disconnect removes in 30 seconds mine got taken out initial cleaning and has never gone back in. Oh i paid $405 that wss out the door.
    Last edited by CBennett; July 24th, 2012 at 10:55 PM.

(Centre County)

My friend recently took back his pf9 that he had nothing but problems with..... He got an sr9 and loves it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123