Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Suspenders for Conceal Carry?

Anyone ever wear suspenders while CC?

I have fantastic holsters that I paid a lot of money for and I am losign weight but my pants wont stay up if I carry anything heavier then my Glock 42.
    That even goes for my glock 19!

I was thinking about wearing Perry suspenders under my shirt and on top of my tank top.

Anyone have any experience with this? The weight loss isnt the issue, it happened still while I was bigger, but I am hoping once I lose enough and can wear pants higher up that it will be a non-issue.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Suspenders for Conceal Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post

I have fantastic holsters that I paid a lot of money for and I am losign weight but my pants wont stay up if I carry anything heavier then my Glock 42.

I was thinking about wearing Perry suspenders under my shirt and on top of my tank top.

Anyone have any experience with this? The weight loss isnt the issue, it happened still while I was bigger, but I am hoping once I lose enough and can wear pants higher up that it will be a non-issue.
    Have you looked at the Perry concealed carry suspenders? http://perrysuspenders.com/peshho.html
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Have you looked at the Perry concealed carry suspenders? http://perrysuspenders.com/peshho.html
    Thanks, however, I do want to stay IWB.
    Have you ever used any of their products? This would be a first for me.

(Delaware County)

I'm not overweight, I'm undertall. I'm 5'8" but - according to the charts - I'm supposed to be closer to 6'12"...

I wear Perry suspenders 7 days a week. As I put it: when one's beltline falls south of one's equator, the only other option is cinching the belt to unreasonably tight levels. My EDC is a 5" 1911 in a hybrid IWB at 3:00. I wear the suspenders on the outside and tuck the shirt over the gun at the office, but don't worry about the suspenders getting in the way of anything, as the front hook is around 1:00. When I wear a button shirt over a tee, I wear the suspenders over the tee, under the shirt.

(Montgomery County)

There is no reason why suspenders would be a problem.
    Just go to the range and practice your draw to make sure your specific configuration doesn't result in a snag or other issue.
    Once you work out your positioning it should be fine.
    If your doing inside the waistband then you will still need a carry belt for a smooth draw.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall. I'm 5'8" but - according to the charts - I'm supposed to be closer to 6'12"...

I wear Perry suspenders 7 days a week. As I put it: when one's beltline falls south of one's equator, the only other option is cinching the belt to unreasonably tight levels. My EDC is a 5" 1911 in a hybrid IWB at 3:00. I wear the suspenders on the outside and tuck the shirt over the gun at the office, but don't worry about the suspenders getting in the way of anything, as the front hook is around 1:00. When I wear a button shirt over a tee, I wear the suspenders over the tee, under the shirt.
    Ok thanks! I am going to be uing them under my shirts and ill see how that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    There is no reason why suspenders would be a problem.
    Just go to the range and practice your draw to make sure your specific configuration doesn't result in a snag or other issue.
    Once you work out your positioning it should be fine.
    If your doing inside the waistband then you will still need a carry belt for a smooth draw.
    Exactly! I will still be using my belt but even with it pulled too tight the pants slip down. I am hoping by using the suspenders hidden under my clothes this will not happwn .

(Montgomery County)

Ok thanks! I am going to be uing them under my shirts and ill see how that works out.
    Exactly! I will still be using my belt but even with it pulled too tight the pants slip down. I am hoping by using the suspenders hidden under my clothes this will not happwn .
    You could wear the suspenders over your shirt also, I don't think it would cause any issues.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Walmart carries Perry suspenders, I wear them all the time when I'm carrying IWB and OWB.

(Venango County)

I have been using holdups. I like them. They are clipped but have a metal pin that goes through the material. Some might not like that though. I haven't had issues. I still wear a belt too for belt attached holsters but now it only supports the gun/holster. The suspenders take the weight. I also carry pocket guns with holster and a wallet plus insulin pump and keys. It starts to add up in weight!

I will admit I have popped the clips at work before (but not as often as standard clip only styles). Mostly entering tight areas or once on a seat back that was broken / tilted.

The company also makes suspenders with plastic clipping device (think airport or hospital security issues) and ones made from soft material that have metal or plastic clips so you can wear without a cover shirt underneath. I never tried those but would like to. You could carry with sweats on!

http://holdup.com

If anyone has experience with "shirtless" suspenders, please share that info as well (but let's not hijack the thread either!).
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Berks County)

[QUOTE=NuclearSociety;3724341]Ok thanks! I am going to be uing them under my shirts and ill see how that works out.

Take it from someone who wears suspenders practically everyday; unless you are Houdini, wearing a shirt over suspenders is dangerous in the event of having to drop trou in a hurry. Just a word of advice.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast