Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Gov. Tom Wolf declares 'state of emergency' in Pa. opioid epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I have said that, in public, out loud, to other people's faces. I'll say it again given the opportunity.
    Those who willingly ingest substances that have the propensity for causing great harm or even death, deserve the roll of the dice as they've thrown then.
    Perhaps you missed an important choice word in my original statement: JUNKIES ( capitalized and made it bold for you this time.)
    The ironic part is you don't know who, some held in high esteem on this forum is dealing with addiction. Why not stick to the topic instead of editorializing your ignorance and lack of humanity.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    And that’s exactly the problem. Many many things Wolfe could do to address the problem, SOE isn’t one of them. But, if anything real was done it would dry up the political money trail

Unless he’s planning to send the National Guard door to door this is nothing more than theatre and an assault on gun owners. We KNOW how Leftards work

Exactly, not even sure what affect this will have except denying a handful of people their rights. IMHO he just grandstanding in the name of his political base. The PDM perscription drug monitoring was a good step but the crisis wont be legislated away. The solution will come from private citizens taking up the cause.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I have said that, in public, out loud, to other people's faces. I'll say it again given the opportunity.
    Those who willingly ingest substances that have the propensity for causing great harm or even death, deserve the roll of the dice as they've thrown then.
    Perhaps you missed an important choice word in my original statement: JUNKIES ( capitalized and made it bold for you this time.)
    You, sir, lack a compassion gene or something.

Have you ever heard of Purdue Pharma? Perhaps you’d be wise to Google them. While you’re at it Google their wonder drug OxyContin. These same companies that pushed oxy on doctors to over prescribe opioid pain killers are now developing drugs to help “junkies” (your word not mine) get their lives back. It’s a very profitable circle. Google “Sackler and OxyContin”.

It is my fervent hope opioids never touch your family. I hope you never have to deal with the pharmaceuticals of pain management. I hope you continue on your smug rose colored life wear all those who find themselves addicted to opioids are “junkies” who deserve death.

I agree with ExBiker 100%. You, sir, are an asshat.

(If he and I are put in time out for calling you out on it and calling you what you are, it will be well worth it. Bring on the hammer!!)

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I think it's a bit of a stretch to think that this is being done to stop a TEENY tiny percentage (open carriers with no LTCF) of a small percentage (people who carry with a LTCF) of the population from carrying guns.

It's being done as a political "look at me! I'm HELPING those poor, innocent victims of the opioid epidemic!"
    I think your right. But i also think the confiscation part worth discussing.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    How exactly does this declaration benefit the state's legions of heroin junkies?

I readca few articles that said by declaring the feds would ship money to the dtate via grants to help.

Nithing gets done until they get grants to pay for it.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I think your right. But i also think the confiscation part worth discussing.
    I agree.

Sometimes I think vagueness is intentional. I think the fear of doing something that inadvertently transformed one into a felon is more effective (and lots easier) than actually passing definitive restrictions on gun rights. Look at the confusion surrounding the recent ammo law passed in California. Take a look at online sellers of ammo. Many have warnings that they are not shipping to California until the issue is sorted out. Even for California, an outright ban on ammo purchases would be difficult to pass, but passage of a confusing law scares people (and venders) which gets the desired results without actually having to pass specific laws.

Thus, I truly believe the confusion of PA states of emergency as they relate to firearms is intentionally confusing.

(Bucks County)

Bucks County is basically "Opiod" Central.....Living there, and seeing many deaths amongst young people.. The vast majority that I've seen locally have been recreational users not those who "started with a back injury." The "Opiod Epidemic" narrative is just that, "A narrative."

100% of those OD victims I have seen, or my 5 children have seen, or went to school with, were long time drug users starting as teens, not started with an oxycodone prescription.

Yes, Doctors are absolutely prescribing this shit like candy, and that part is demonic greed and they should be hammered. However, the SOE does NOTHING to address any of it...and yes the effect on gun owners is a major reason for this...Pure pandering to Wolfies base.....there is an election coming.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Its strikes as ironic those who accuse me of "assumption" yet do the same themselves.

(Philadelphia County)

Yep limiting legal gun owners will stop junkies from suiciding themselves........You know exactly why this was done......to stop open carry
    Yep folks...Trump's the NAZI

Step #1 to becoming NJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I think it's a bit of a stretch to think that this is being done to stop a TEENY tiny percentage (open carriers with no LTCF) of a small percentage (people who carry with a LTCF) of the population from carrying guns.

It's being done as a political "look at me! I'm HELPING those poor, innocent victims of the opioid epidemic!"
    I agree with EmptyMag. I don’t think Wolf even knows about the OC aspect of a state of emergency, nor do many first responders.

He is simply jumping on the bandwagon with what many other states and the likes of Governor Christie are doing.

(Lackawanna County)

I’m not hungry...so there is no hunger issues in America.
    I live in a nice house...so there isn’t a homeless issue in America.
    The vast majority of opioid addicts my kids and I know didn’t start with over prescribed pharmaceuticals...so all the addicts get what they deserve. Trying to deal with the opioid crisis is a canard to get re-elected.

What's next? I wasn’t there with Neil Armstrong, thus, the moon landing was a fake.

The lack of compassion for fellow human being who don’t have the same life experiences as oneself is the major reason I am Democrat Gun Owner and not Republican Gun Owner. Yes, in my specific life circumstances I can not see myself getting addicted to opioids through recreation use or pain management. However, my life circumstances are not the circumstances for all. I try to not judge others through the lens of my life circumstances. There’s something to be said for trying to view things through the lens of “walking in their shoes” and showing compassion for others.

Matthew 14:14

Bucks County is basically "Opiod" Central.....Living there, and seeing many deaths amongst young people.. The vast majority that I've seen locally have been recreational users not those who "started with a back injury." The "Opiod Epidemic" narrative is just that, "A narrative."

100% of those OD victims I have seen, or my 5 children have seen, or went to school with, were long time drug users starting as teens, not started with an oxycodone prescription.

Yes, Doctors are absolutely prescribing this shit like candy, and that part is demonic greed and they should be hammered. However, the SOE does NOTHING to address any of it...and yes the effect on gun owners is a major reason for this...Pure pandering to Wolfies base.....there is an election coming.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast