Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default ( trucker's) Mike's Law

Was wondering how many truckers were on this website,if there are any are the aware of this law, http://www.overdriveonline.com/mikes...ader-reaction/as well as non truckers being a trucker myself at times delivering and picking up in risky area's ( Memphis Tn after hours West Memphis Ark,Camden Nj Newark Nj,Damn near ANY of the 5 boroughs Chicago,Indiana,) just name a few.I welcome the idea just to have some sort protection out here!! what are your thoughts

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: ( trucker's) Mike's Law

Why create another class of special persons based upon their occupation. Is a trucker's life traveling from state to state any more important than my life or my family's when we travel to another state?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Why create another class of special persons based upon their occupation. Is a trucker's life traveling from state to state any more important than my life or my family's when we travel to another state?
    +1

Yes.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by kountz430 View Post
    Was wondering how many truckers were on this website,if there are any are the aware of this law, http://www.overdriveonline.com/mikes...ader-reaction/as well as non truckers being a trucker myself at times delivering and picking up in risky area's ( Memphis Tn after hours West Memphis Ark,Camden Nj Newark Nj,Damn near ANY of the 5 boroughs Chicago,Indiana,) just name a few.I welcome the idea just to have some sort protection out here!! what are your thoughts
    Been in every shit hole across the US and since the statute of limitations has expired I will say I carried much of my 30+ years. I know guys that carry wasp spray and then you have your tire billy handy.

More then anything is awareness and being smart are key.

(Bucks County)

I concur!!

EDIT TO ADD: in '81 I lost a good friend, an Army buddy, Pat Smythe, to a murder in Georgia. He was an owner/operator and his body was found in his cab, bullet to the head, tractor set ablaze to cover evidence and trailer full of whatever was gone. Never solved. Yes, I think he should have been allowed to carry. But then again, so should EVERYONE who hasn't already surrendered that right by committing crimes that prevent it.

They're going to face a really big uphill battle (not win-able) from the trucking companies that will NEVER allow drivers to carry. Ain't gonna happen!
    Last edited by Manxdriver; February 2nd, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

That's the pure form of "what should be", but there's political reality to account for; and in this political world, I welcome every new group of "little people" who help to normalize the use of self-defense and the weapons needed to allow it.

It's a shorter jump to "universal right to self-defense" from "all these people can do it, why can't we?" than it is from "hey, why is it only you government guys who get to defend yourselves?"

In a perfect world, all the good guys will have all of their rights, and the bad guys will be locked away until they cease to be bad guys. The older I get, the more I think that "A Clockwork Orange" made more sense in the first half of the movie, when they treated the bad guy like a lab rat, and used brutal classical conditioning to make him unable to commit acts of violence.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    That's the pure form of "what should be", but there's political reality to account for; and in this political world, I welcome every new group of "little people" who help to normalize the use of self-defense and the weapons needed to allow it.

It's a shorter jump to "universal right to self-defense" from "all these people can do it, why can't we?" than it is from "hey, why is it only you government guys who get to defend yourselves?"

In a perfect world, all the good guys will have all of their rights, and the bad guys will be locked away until they cease to be bad guys. The older I get, the more I think that "A Clockwork Orange" made more sense in the first half of the movie, when they treated the bad guy like a lab rat, and used brutal classical conditioning to make him unable to commit acts of violence.
    Yep.

They chipped away at our rights a piece at a time, and we're going to have to grab a piece back one at a time. Trying to pass a bill restoring everything is a much harder task than a small piece here and there.
    Last edited by knight0334; February 2nd, 2015 at 06:31 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

it kinda is because these men and woman are away from their families and often dont have a fighting chance to save themselves. these men and women are often in places where the average traveling family isnt trying to do their job !Not saying your family is different from mine.or your different from me because or your perspective career!! Now i do believe people should the right to defend themselves regardless of the choice of career ( as long as your of sound mind) besides you may ask that same question about l.e.o,armored car guards etc etc who uphold and follow the just laws as much as we do. The difference between us and them is that we bring them their supplies as well as yours and help us when ever possible.Theres the difference

(Westmoreland County)

It would be nice if we all could get this. If the truckers could get something like this passed I'd say good for them. It may well open the door for the rest of us at some point. I'll take whatever we can get even if it is one little piece at a time.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast