Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why so quiet?

(Blair County)

Default Why so quiet?

It seems there are quite a few folks from Blair county here, so why aren't we chatting? How about some feedback about your latest purchase, or your last range trip. It's getting nice outside sounds like time for a PAFOA.org Blair county meet. Let's get some chatter going.

(Bedford County)

Default Re: Why so quiet?

Hey ScooterCrunch. I live in northern Bedford and work in Blair. Haven't bought any guns lately but I do have an XD9SC on order from East Coast.

Have spent a bundle lately at East Coast, Allegheny, and Campbells getting reloading stuff together. Ammo is getting too expensive so I'm gonna reload. Just about ready to go on 45ACP and 44 Spcl/Mag. Waiting on my tumbler I ordered at East Coast to come in.

(Blair County)

East Coast is great. I bought a XD40 Tactical there. It's a benefit having more places to chose from around here.

I picked up a xd40 awhile back at grices , don't know why , it's not like I need it

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by WMG View Post
    I picked up a xd40 awhile back at grices , don't know why , it's not like I need it
    Its not I like we need any of the stuff we buy at these shops but man is it fun and addicting!!

(Blair County)

I am up for a get-together. I will even offer up the use of my land. It is 77 acres of wooded land in the Puzzletown Area (base of Blue Knob). 15 Minutes south of Altoona. It is wooded land, so there aren't many facilities, but I do have an outhouse. I have two seperate ranges set up. A rifle range, with a bench. I haven't measured it out, but I think it's at least 75 yards. I also have a pistol area set up, which is 25 yards. Plenty of backstop on both. Neighbors are friendly; will probably join in just to see everyone else's guns. Let's pick a time/day.

(Blair County)

I know some people in the Puzzletown area. The only problem you'd have is them wanting to shoot too. I could even do a weekly shoot the guns/shoot the shit night. My schedule is adjustable. When is the best time for y'all?

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey View Post
    Its not I like we need any of the stuff we buy at these shops but man is it fun and addicting!!
    True enough , but I have done my time and now am moving in the opposite direction.
    And not to be a downer or anything but any time would be as good as the next for me but honestly I spend alot of time at the range as it is and have done a few meet shoots before with folks from other web boards , and while it was fun for sure don't get me wrong hooking up with a few folks and a load of guns just blasting away kind of got old with me "please understand" now if ya want to go smoke some g'hogs or what not , well that's different .... but that's just how I have gotten , no offense.

(Blair County)

Range time?
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Blair County)

I measured out my table the other day. It seems to be 52 yards. It sure looks a lot further than it is.

Does anyone have any suggestions for day or time? Do we even have any takers?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast