Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 421 of 441 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 4410
    (Clinton County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

hello have a custom built 45 bought it years ago has a 42 inch barrel haven't shot it for awhile shoots good thought I loaded 45 grains of 3f do you think that's enough for deer at 50 yards
    Last edited by jeep45; February 23rd, 2019 at 07:26 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45 View Post
    hello have a custom built 45 bought it years ago has a 42 inch barrel haven't shot it for awhile shoots good thought I loaded 45 grains of 3f do you think that's enough for deer at 50 yards
    Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for info and someone should have an answer for you. If you don't get one in here start yourself up a thread in the proper forum and see how you do.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45 View Post
    Welcome

General rule I was taught with muzzle loader is to start at the caliber and work up a load from there. I'd say you could probably go a little more myself. My 50cal I hunt with I shoot 85-90 gr. I've gone all the way up to 100, but accuracy suffers over 90. I'd say most 45 Cal would probably be optimal in the 60-70 gr range. I don't own anything under.50 in a rifle though.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Welcome

General rule I was taught with muzzle loader is to start at the caliber and work up a load from there. I'd say you could probably go a little more myself. My 50cal I hunt with I shoot 85-90 gr. I've gone all the way up to 100, but accuracy suffers over 90. I'd say most 45 Cal would probably be optimal in the 60-70 gr range. I don't own anything under.50 in a rifle though.
    This sounds about right... Load it up and shoot it on a snowy day, and see how much unburned powder coats the snow.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Clinton County)

thanks

(Westmoreland County)

What are you shooting with the 85-90, patch n ball, chronicle?

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
    What are you shooting with the 85-90, patch n ball, chronicle?
    Usually Sabots for hunting. Patch and ball for plinking/practice.

(Bucks County)

Hi All !
    Just moved to PA from California and have taken advantage of some of the laws. Got a concealed gun permit, and bought an AK-47 underfolder. Now I am wondering if there is a AK-47 gun builder in Bucks County I can hire to mentor and work with me on building a parts kit. I already have all the jigs. Any info is much appreciated. All the best, Romulus

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus-47 View Post
    Hi All !
    Just moved to PA from California and have taken advantage of some of the laws. Got a concealed gun permit, and bought an AK-47 underfolder. Now I am wondering if there is a AK-47 gun builder in Bucks County I can hire to mentor and work with me on building a parts kit. I already have all the jigs. Any info is much appreciated. All the best, Romulus
    Welcome to the PAFOA.

The easiest way to keep up with the PAFOA threads is by clicking 'Quick Links' and then clicking 'Today's Posts' in the drop down menu.
    You can receive updates of subscribed threads on your 'Settings' page by clicking 'Thread Tools' and then clicking 'Subscribe to this Thread' in the drop down menu.

We need every gun owner to help protect our gun rights by voting pro gun in every election every year.
    Please make sure you are registered to vote here: https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/P...plication.aspx
    Pro gun voter guides are posted in PAFOA before every election here: http://forum.pafoa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Please also join the National Rifle Association (NRA) and Gun Owners of America (GOA) to help protect your Second Amendment right to own a gun.
    Join NRA here: https://membership.nra.org/Join/Annuals
    Join GOA here: https://gunowners.org/donate/donations/join/

Best of luck to you.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus-47 View Post
    Hi All !
    Welcome to PAFOA, Romulus, this is a great site for information and working together to preserve our 2A rights. You might want to post a thread looking for help in the rifles section. There are a lot more AR guys here than AK though so don't feel slighted if you don't get a hoard of responses.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 421 of 441 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431 ... LastLast