Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default York/Lancaster/Harrisburg area - Where to find 22LR and 9mm ammo?

I'm sure y'all are in the same predicament as I am!

Has anyone out there found a reliable source of ammo in the York/Harrisburg/Lancaster area? I'm looking specifically for 22LR and 9mm ammo.

Any help would be appreicated. Short of any suggestions, I figure I'm done until this madness calms down (hopefully late summer, early fall this year?)

Thanks,
    Greg

(Perry County)

Default Re: York/Lancaster/Harrisburg area - Where to find 22LR and 9mm ammo?

I'd say that my best advice would be to check the little shops fairly frequently. I don't have a .22 or 9mm (yet), but I know the local shop near me has had 9mm and .40 about 50% of the times I've stopped in there. Don't know about .22's.
    - I support Israel; "If guns kill people my pencil causes bad spelling."

(York County)

I was in Shyda's a couple weeks ago, they seemed to have a lot of 9mm, saw some .22 as well but I can't say how much they had.

I found the prices to be a little high. I'm always looking out for more ammo, but I walked out empty handed. I'm just not paying those kinds of prices.

http://www.shydasoutdoorcenter.com/

It's in Lebanon, across the street from the big VA Hospital.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Ok, thanks for the suggestions!

I've been to Shyda's a few times. Cool place. I've always liked it there.

Mabye I'll give them a call.

If I could get about 2500 rounds of 22lr, 1K of 9, 1K of 45 and 1K of 7.62, I'd be set for ahwile.

I picked a wonderful time to get back into shooting, I'll say that! HAHAHA.

Thanks again,
    Greg

(York County)

Trops has been getting inventory in all the time... everytime I stopped by I have been able to pick up either some ammo, or small pistol primers... its like right in the middle of the areas you are talking about too. saturday seems to be real good for picking up ammo, last week was nuts, people had to park on the streets

(Lancaster County)

+1 for Trop...high volume..parking lot is always full and the sales they have brings a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamneagle68 View Post
    +1 for Trop...high volume..parking lot is always full and the sales they have brings a lot of people.
    Excellent, thanks for all the info gents!

I was at Shyda's last weekend, they have some bags of 100 rounds, loose for 29.95, which isn't too bad (brass) and then they had some steel cased tulamo for 15/box, again not bad.

Handgunner in Topton had some 9mm reloads for 15/box, and some american eagle for 18/box, high, but with what is available, I still bought some.

Can anyone tell me if Trop has any 22lr target ammo (bricks)?

Thanks!

(Berks County)

Shydas, just got back from there. Still bagged 9mm, changing out shelf tags, raising prices I think. Minimal 9mm in boxes. No 22LR.

Trops, as of last week they had tons of 22LR but limited to one brick, fairly priced.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

No .22 at trop today. But they often have it and did have several boxes of 9 Speer for $15.99

(Berks County)

Did you go at 10?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast