Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Glock is getting sued for exploding gun

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    Is it possible that perhaps all Glocks roll off the assembly line according to military specs...and would naturally be made for FMJ first and foremost according to the rules of war? So perhaps they fuck with it haphazardly post-assembly in order to create "surplus" batches for the commercial/civilian market. It would show the mentality of the company's executives...whicb apparently is to do the minimum required to get a stupid American to buy something.

My Radom P83 (Walther PP near-clone in 9x18) does not do well at all with Hornady Critical Defense HP's. I imagine it would do better with a minor grinding and smoothing fluff N buff of the ramp. Not necessarily something that will work well with all Milspecs. Maybe that's what is behind the problem with certain Glocks. Maybe the key is even the model more than the brand. Still says something about a company though if it's true.
    that or they were designed for a certain caliber and hogging the feed ramp was the quickest way to make other calibers feed. everything affects feed angle, (mag angle, feed lip length/angle, spacing between mag and feed ramp, how much the barrel tilts, etc) they took the easy way out assuming most people wont run loads hot enough for it to really matter

(Bucks County)

I guess Browning took the same easy way out on the 1911 and similar designs. Well, on second thought, he probably never intended that anything fired would be reloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I guess Browning took the same easy way out on the 1911 and similar designs. Well, on second thought, he probably never intended that anything fired would be reloaded.
    Nope he didn't take the easy route, especially with the rather complex 1911. The short recoil locked breech design on pistols just likes to have a ramp to help the bullet get into the chamber. Some manufacturers put more of a ramp than others. Glock is singled out often becase they are one of the most popular if not the most popular handgun in the US. Like I said before plenty of pistols have chambers the same or larger than Glocks. It is apparent if you actually have experiences with more than a couple pistols and deal with and examine a large amounts of spent brass in different calibers from different guns. The 10mm is one of those rounds where it is being pushed to levels it was not designed for. By many people that are under the delusion that their 10mm is as powerful as a .41mag or .44mag. Keep the 10 within SAAMI specified pressures and it is fine.
    Last edited by dkf; August 18th, 2017 at 04:07 PM.

(Bucks County)

dkf, I started out on Browning with a little sarcastic humor, then got to thinking how manufacturers consider reloads warranty-voiding, and got to thinking that military firearms are not designed with the reloader in mind, so it all bottom-lines that reloaders are on their own and horsepower races belong on cars. I still think a gun can be out of spec but problems don't appear until limits are approached or exceeded.

(Chester County)

I guess Glock has redefined the word hand grenade.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

I got what you were sating Bang. All my guns are without warranty now, they all see my reloads and cast bullet reloads. Even the (gasp) Glocks and .223/5.56 ARs. I agree when you are operating at max pressures for the cartridge it doesn't take much error (whether human or equipment) to have a failure or problem arise.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    It's a bullshit suit that's why he's suing everyone including cabela's, hopefully the judge see's past this.
    Plaintiffs ALWAYS sue everyone, so that you don't end up in court 3 years later with every plaintiff blaming the one player who isn't there.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Plaintiffs ALWAYS sue everyone, so that you don't end up in court 3 years later with every plaintiff blaming the one player who isn't there.
    Yep ^^^^^^^^^^^^. And it's been about three weeks since the last gun manufacturer was sued, so they're probably long overdue for another one.

Thankfully, we have a cornucopia of wizards who will figure who's next on the list....

My 2 cents: the least expensive firearms probably have less "embedded" litigation mark-ups - which is why they remain inexpensive???
    - bamboomaster

(Erie County)

Probably the ammo or a round in the barrel. I suspect the lawsuit will fail.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234