Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Former Philly Top Cop says National Reciprocity a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    . . . Their bottom line is that they want everyone to think drug dealers and criminals will be carrying in PA.
    I think one of the problems in America is that the drug dealers and criminals are already carrying guns. It's the victims who are disarmed.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Ramsey came from Chicago. Nuff said.
    LEOSA was formed to enhance the National Security Act resulting from 9/11.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Yes and no.
    That was the way it was sold to lawmakers.
    But within the FOP it was all about preserving the ability for LEO's to carry off duty and after retirement.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

Florida requires Class room training and range. The range was a bit BS. It tested the ability of people to follow instructions from The Range Master. That's it. You are in a line, You get to the shooting bench the RM tells you to approach the bench. Then to pick up the already loaded revolver. Aim and when the RM gives the ok, you shoot. You only shoot once and if you hit or not doesn't matter. Just for fun, I shot with both eyes closed. And yet I still got my permit.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    I remember before LEOSA was passed many on the pafoa site were happy and believed it was the start of National Reciprocity for all. I posted then that no it was the end. Once the cops and ex cops have it the rest of the people will be screwed. Now you will see what I mean. Ramsey does not have to leave his gun at the border so he does not want non LEO to have the same power. I predict there will not and never be any LEOSA. I am a Benefactor member of the NRA and a former LEO. I am 99.9 percent sure that National Reciprocity is dead before it ever moves forward.
    What were your odds of the helmet law repeal? 70mph speed limit? Legal pot?

(Berks County)

Too many posts on this thread do not recognize the difference between a right and a privilege. You can't put those stipulations on a right. It won't meet constitutional muster. We are getting a corrected scotus from Trump remember. The 14th ensures we get resoprocity. The 2nd prohibits infringement. This is the part Franklin ment when he said , "if you can keep it".

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I think one of the problems in America is that the drug dealers and criminals are already carrying guns. It's the victims who are disarmed.

Ramsey was against stop & frisk , because it targeted blacks so it's racist.
    Against mandatory minimums for firearms offenses , MM's are racist.
    Against Federal prosecution of firearms offenses , yep , racist.
    Against castle doctrine and stand your ground. Racist.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Ya gotta read the LIES!

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion...-20170731.html

''Two years ago, on a snowy winter evening, a young Philadelphia police officer, Robert Wilson III, entered a local Gamestop store to buy a gift for his son. Minutes later, he was dead. Two brothers, both of whom had prior run-ins with the law, shot Wilson six times in a botched robbery attempt.''

Why weren't they still locked up?

''12 states including Pennsylvania’s neighbor, West Virginia — do not require any permit or training to carry hidden loaded guns in public. If this bill becomes law, almost any person from these states would instantly be able to carry concealed in Pennsylvania, regardless of whether that person meets the commonwealth’s standards for carrying a concealed gun in public. This not only puts communities in danger, it makes it harder for law enforcement officers to do their jobs.''

PA has no mandatory safety training either , so statistically , the risk would go down since some states DO.

''As a law enforcement officer, I had to go through a series of common-sense steps before I was ever entrusted with a weapon. First, I had to pass a background investigation. Then, I underwent hours of rigorous firearms training in both the classroom and at the gun range. Every year, I qualified with the firearm I was issued to carry. Why should it be easier for an untrained civilian to carry a loaded weapon than a cop? It simply makes no sense. And that’s why nearly every major law enforcement organization is opposed to this proposal.''
    and the source of the opinion piece is.
    Charles H. Ramsey is a visiting fellow at Drexel University’s Lindy Institute and a former police commissioner of Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. chr37@drexel.edu
    might want to give him a healthy dose of PA law. maybe demand an edit to the article from the paper. at least harass them a bit.
    they omitted the part where the robbers needed a valid ltcf to carry their handgun in philly.
    and people will still need permits to travel to states that require permits. the whole optional sportsmans permit that pa was working on in their constitutional carry bill.
    Last edited by fallenleader; August 3rd, 2017 at 08:01 AM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

[QUOTE Yes and no.
    That was the way it was sold to lawmakers.
    But within the FOP it was all about preserving the ability for LEO's to carry off duty and after retirement[/QUOTE]

Of course the FOP encouraged it, since it affected its officers. Not only ability to carry off duty and retired, but nationwide. Nationwide allowed those familiar with confrontational firearms encounters to augment public safety with respect to terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Because the Constitution says so Libtard
    I think its "Ever hear of the Constitution Motherfucker?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Too many posts on this thread do not recognize the difference between a right and a privilege. You can't put those stipulations on a right. It won't meet constitutional muster. We are getting a corrected scotus from Trump remember. The 14th ensures we get resoprocity. The 2nd prohibits infringement. This is the part Franklin ment when he said , "if you can keep it".
    Agreed,
    You dont need special training for freedom of speech, I mean Just look at what flows out of pelosi and clintons sewer holes.
    You dont need a permit for interstate travel,
    you don't need special training for the right to not incriminate your self.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast