Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: The Gun Gallery in Mt Penn PA [UPDATE]

things are looking good, do you have a projected date the range will be open ?
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    things are looking good, do you have a projected date the range will be open ?
    I'm hoping for the beginning of April. No specific date yet... but it will be soon.

If any of you guys drive by and see my white Chevy pickup there, feel free to stop in and say hello. Sorry, but I can't let anyone shoot until the range is ready...

(Berks County)

Business cards and range membership cards arrived today from the printer...

I started playing with the new laminating machine...
    We're up to 10 members already.

I'm member #0000... and Rob G is #0001. I thought he was going to cry when I handed it to him.

(Montgomery County)

Art,

How do I get a membership form to fill out? It says I must fill it out at the store, when can I do that?
    Thanks! Sorry for all the questions.

Bill
    Last edited by yldwill; March 17th, 2010 at 11:17 PM.
    1 step at a time will get you through a hard journey!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by yldwill View Post
    Art,

How do I get a membership form to fill out? It says I must fill it out at the store, when can I do that?
    Thanks! Sorry for all the questions.

Bill
    We haven't created the application form yet.
    Gimme a day or two to work on it... and we should have something available to download and print. The membership cards above were just a few family members that didn't need to deal with any application paperwork or scrutiny by me.

You don't need to physically be there to fill in the blanks, but you will need to visit the store before we issue the membership card. All I will need to see is a PA drivers license and carry permit. If you can supply those two items in person, I will issue a membership card on the spot.

I'm still waiting for the new credit card machine to arrive, so for the next couple days/weeks, it will be cash or check only. Once the machine gets here, we will be able to accept VI/MC/DS/AX and debit cards.
    Over the next couple days, I will be trying to arrange babysitting details with my wife so I can start being at the shop full time during normal business hours. I will be there and available well before the store is officially open for business.... just in case any of you guys want to stop in and look around or take care of range memberships.

And to address some feedback finding it's way back to me... Some have questioned the $25/yr membership and $10/hr rental policy.

I want to be crystal clear on this.

I cannot pick and choose who shoots on my range unless I implement a membership policy. Without a membership policy, anybody can walk in off the street and demand a shooting bay for an hour.
    The $25 annual fee is payment for the privilege of being a member. Many of those privileges are yet to be determined, but rest assured, they would include special treatment not available to the average Joe that walks through the door. The first thing that comes to mind is rental guns. Right now, I still need to get the FFL stuff squared away, so it's a bit premature to go into much detail... but suffice to say, I WILL eventually have a gun rental program AND also a "test drive" program... which means... you see a (used) gun in the display for sale... you will be able to test fire it before plunking down the cash to buy it. These will be privileges available ONLY to members of the range.

The $10/hr fee is the rental for actually using those facilities. I will not change the hourly fee, regardless of whose ammo you buy or where you bought targets. If you buy my ammo, great ! If not, I won't hold that against you... as you have just as much right to buy ammo elsewhere as I do.

This indoor range has a HUGE overhead... and a simple one-time annual fee with no hourly rates would sink me quickly.

One other very important detail I've failed to mention...

The last two days have been very interesting... I met a fantastic guy named Robert Horst yesterday. (Tuesday) I stopped at his shop and we spoke for about 2 hours or so. Today he came by my shop with his wife and we talked some more.
    We haven't hashed-out any details yet... but it looks very likely that he may be heavily involved in this new business. We haven't determined yet at what capacity... but what I HAVE determined is that he would be a huge asset to my store. He's a very well credentialed guy with an impressive resume.
    I look forward to negotiating some kind of working arrangement with him in the future... Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Dragracer_Art; March 18th, 2010 at 12:16 AM.

(Berks County)

Sounds Great,I'm glad things are working out for you.
    Everything is looking Good.
    I also Recently met Rob H, He did a transfer for me recently.
    He is a Great Guy! Your Right He would be a huge asset to The store
    But I know he's a busy Guy he got his own stuff going on.
    That would be great if use could work something out.
    This Is Rob G's Buddy Vince by the way, I told Rob if you guys need an extra hand with anything I'm here.

(Berks County)

have you given any thoughts to honoring Gun Gallery memberships that are still valid?

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: The Gun Gallery in Mt Penn PA [UPDATE]

Art, Glad to hear that you will have a local shop. I look forward to going in there again. Hell, I might even join to use the range (license and LTCF no problem). I like the idea of rental guns. Hopefully your license to sell guns goes through. I hope the prices are more reasonable than through the past owner. I agree with your caution as you will very likely be scrutinized given the place's past rep. Good luck with your venture. John

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by greenlama View Post
    Art, Glad to hear that you will have a local shop. I look forward to going in there again. Hell, I might even join to use the range (license and LTCF no problem). I like the idea of rental guns. Hopefully your license to sell guns goes through. I hope the prices are more reasonable than through the past owner. I agree with your caution as you will very likely be scrutinized given the place's past rep. Good luck with your venture. John
    Pricing will be fair and reasonable... I promise.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave49 View Post
    have you given any thoughts to honoring Gun Gallery memberships that are still valid?
    In a nutshell... the Gun Gallery is gone... along with any previous arrangements or agreements with past customers.

I already have people calling MY phone number leaving messages on MY answer machine, asking about layaway guns from the Gun Gallery.

I am not the Gun Gallery and I have nothing to do with the previous business other than simply being a past customer.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast