Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

Hey Guys.....I have never had this happen to me until tonight and I honestly cant believe it even happened. I am on my way out of the City of Reading when I get lit up red and blue, so I
    pull over put my interior light on and wait with hands on steering wheel. Officer approaches and asks me for the usual license insurance registration. I said to him calmly that I have a
    license to carry firearms and have a handgun in holster on left hip and have to reach close to it in order to get wallet out ( I always forget to get wallet out ahead of time).

He pauses for a
    few seconds then asks me if I mind if he removes it from my person while we conduct the traffic stop. Its not really a request even though he said it as nicely as he did. I said sure he says
    where is it, I say on my left hip in a safariland 6000 holster and that he should be familiar with the holster. he opens van door and removes gun, thanks me for letting him know I had it.
    Tells me my tail light on passenger side is burned out. I said ok ill get it fixed asap I have bulbs with me. He goes back to cruiser. His partner watched from passenger side whole time and returns to cruiser. Few min later officer returns on my side partner on passenger side. Officer stated he was giving me a warning for tail light get it fixed asap, I said I would right away.

Then he says to me, "my partner has diassembled your gun and will put it on the passenger seat", he then asks, "do you know how to put it back together or should I have my partner reassemble it for you?" I looked at him and was puzzled, I thought I understood him but I have never heard of this, I said "What? disassembled as in removed the slide? Officer says "yes" I am shocked and I just said " no don't worry about it " So his partner opens passenger side door and says to me " I don't know you , I don't hand assembled guns to people I don't know, here are the parts for your glock on seat and here is the barrel". He hands me barrel and closes door. they leave. This is ridiculous! they removed the slide barrel and recoil spring from slide and handed me the gun in pieces!! I can easily put it back together but that's not the point. I am calling the pa state police to complain. Its one thing to unload my gun, but to take it apart!! ridiculous!
    Last edited by Joe88XJ; February 7th, 2018 at 07:19 AM.

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

You should be pissed and file a complaint. Some guys are afraid of their own shadow and it sounds like you met one tonight!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for letting us ass-rape you, citizen. Go on now and enjoy your evening. Hahahaha

That's what they were saying as they drove away!

If you don't ass-rape their careers in return, you DESERVED it! And they will continue to pull that shit!

(Erie County)

Maybe you should carry your wallet on the right? And not say a word about your weapon?

(Allegheny County)

"Thanks for letting me know, but you can not be trusted, so we're tearing your gun apart - just be glad we didn't shoot you to be sure you couldn't hurt us."

Sheesh. Why didn't they draw their weapons, call for backup, place your gun in your trunk, and force you to drive off with both hands above your head while steering with your knees?

(Philadelphia County)

I have heard of this happening before...guess it's not just rumor.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

I can see the part about not wanting to hand you a gun that you could shoot at them as they are walking back to their vehicle as making some sense, but the offer to put it back together for you negates that position. What nonsense. You can register a complaint and receive a PR response.

(Montgomery County)

Reasons why I don't disclose my carry status to the police...

(Allegheny County)

the last time i was asked i said no. before that i just said i had no firearms. the time i said no the cop was stumped. he stood with his mouth hanging open, he asked if i understood he was asking for safety reasons, i said my answer was for the same reasons. no cite and no further problems.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Maybe you should carry your wallet on the right? And not say a word about your weapon?
    +1
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast