Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Desert Eagle .50AE

I got the 44mag so I could find ammo, I have big hands and it still is a lot of gun to hold. Ive found you have to "lock" your elbows and wrists or it will jam just like limp wristing a subcompact

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I got the 44mag so I could find ammo, I have big hands and it still is a lot of gun to hold. Ive found you have to "lock" your elbows and wrists or it will jam just like limp wristing a subcompact
    That is a great point, looking back I didn't even consider that as a potential problem. Even with my s-m hand size, I just thought it was a jammer

(Chester County)

Ive had a .44 DE for years - 5-2" wife shoots it no problem - My son shot it when he was 6 with no problems. I've hunted ( in more progressive states that PA ) with it with no problems. I lost the disassembly tool they ship with it and Customer Service at Magnum Research was very good and they shipped me another at no charge.

One of my buddies picked up a .50 DE ( the matte stainless compensated model ) couple of years ago - It kicks quite a bit more and does seem to want to throw 1 piece of spent brass straight back at your face out of every clip. He did really struggle to find loaded ammo as well as components to load your own ammo in the beginning of the year - but now this seems to have been corrected.

DE definitely has high CDI factor - Makes a big cool noise on the range

Jeff

I have one and won't part with it. If you want it, go for it. It IS a novelty gun in my opinion. Nothing wrong with owning or collecting a conversation piece.
    Proper grip and stance and it is a pleasure to shoot.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by workingmanjeff View Post
    It kicks quite a bit more and does seem to want to throw 1 piece of spent brass straight back at your face out of every clip.
    You have to hold on to these guns to get the brass to go where it is supposed to. The extractor cannot overcome the muzzle flip these things have. Remember, muzzle flip has started before the case is extracted, and it is a heavy piece of brass.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post

Some would be surprised to hear me say that.
    I doubt there are too many people surprised by logic, save the illogical. It's a huge pistol, terrible recoil with the 50 cal, it's heavy, the ammo is expensive and hard to find, and...it's huge and heavy. I suppose it has a wow factor of 10.5, but falls short on the logical factor scale, IMO. Makes a great movie prop, though.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    I doubt there are too many people surprised by logic, save the illogical. It's a huge pistol, terrible recoil with the 50 cal, it's heavy, the ammo is expensive and hard to find, and...it's huge and heavy. I suppose it has a wow factor of 10.5, but falls short on the logical factor scale, IMO. Makes a great movie prop, though.
    Oh come on now, the recoil isn't bad at all.

The problem is people think the recoil will be bad, so then its bad. It's all in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Oh come on now, the recoil isn't bad at all.

The problem is people think the recoil will be bad, so then its bad. It's all in your head.
    I agree and regularly shoot mine one handed. Similar in ballistics to a 454 Casull, but in a giant gas operated pistol. The Ruger Alaskan is a beast in 454.
    Jules

I've used the deagle quite a bit at to pwn noobs in modern warfare. Based off of that, I'd say it's the best handgun ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I have one and won't part with it. If you want it, go for it. It IS a novelty gun in my opinion. Nothing wrong with owning or collecting a conversation piece.
    Proper grip and stance and it is a pleasure to shoot.
    Jules
    I am aware that it is a novelty gun and I think it looks great too, IMO. I've always liked the look of them, but have never shot one. I fondled one at my LGS last week and it fit in my hands pretty good. The only thing I'm worried about is buying it and not liking it. I've been trying to get ahold of a friend that has one to see if we can go shoot it, but I haven't talked to him in a while...

Thanks for everyone's input so far, I appreciate it.
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast